Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust Too Loud!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust Too Loud!

Quote Originally Posted by Swampboy_99 View Post
    I'm 19 and I think my 03 is entirely to loud and I have a 4" I need to kill the drone in the cab
    Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I run an FTE 30” resonator right after the down pipe and recommend it for sure! They have a 19” if you are feeling a bit more wild. No drone in cab at all- still throaty on the outside
    Quote Originally Posted by scotchirish View Post
    Can you give me some more info on the FTE resonator?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    It has a unique design- corkscrew shape around the outside with a straight through center. The closer to the motor the more effective it is. I have the link for the piece I have. Not sure if any vendors on here can get them. I had this on my last truck and put it on my newer one.

zero cab drone- whistle tune is dead quiet- normal tune there is slight noise at 1400+ rpm and 12v tune has some rumble throughout the rpms- just right for me

https://www.ftediesel.com/store/pc/v...4&idcategory=7
    Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    @Polaraco did a write up at one point on how to quiet his 03 down. His truck was as quiet as a 4th gen at one point.
    You want to talk to Clayton @Dude's Diesel Performance He knows what to sell you. The Dude has sold several of these resinators.

They use a swirling action with no restriction. @F350Cummins can tell you my truck is almost as quiet as his not deleted 17. Even going up hills with a load it's quiet.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust Too Loud!

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    You want to talk to Clayton @Dude's Diesel Performance He knows what to sell you. The Dude has sold several of these resinators.

They use a swirling action with no restriction. @F350Cummins can tell you my truck is almost as quiet as his not deleted 17. Even going up hills with a load it's quiet.

Clayton is the man! Just got some more parts* from him on Monday- great guy to do business with!

Last edited by TexNeck; 12-26-2018 at 04:48 PM. Reason: spell check
    2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Polaraco, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12