Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: If it is worth it with warranty?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

If it is worth it with warranty?

Hello I have 2018 under warranty and I was curious about tunes . Is it possible to tue my truck and not void the warrantyand if so is it worth it while not deleting it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: If it is worth it with warranty?

You can get emissions compliant tuning as well as EGR-less tuning if you are not ready to go full delete.

Any tuning that adds HP & torque can be traced by the dealer tech if the look hard enough, which they will if you come in with a blown engine or thrashed transmission during the warranty period.

The best thing to do is to talk to you service writer and/or diese tech at the dealership to get third take on the subject and let that help you make your decision.

For the record, I deleted my truck at 5500 miles and never had an issue getting warranty work done when needed.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Thanks Redd thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: If it is worth it with warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Hello I have 2018 under warranty and I was curious about tunes . Is it possible to tue my truck and not void the warrantyand if so is it worth it while not deleting it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    What i like to do is drive the truck for a few thousand miles make sure it is not a lemon or have any issues. If none is given then you are normally good to go. If you do have an issue you do run the risk of having to replace it yourself but like stated, if you get in good with your service writer sometimes you can get it fixed under warranty as long as the tuner did not have anything to do with the issue happening. Some dealers can be a big pain and make you work for it though so be prepared for that. Sometimes its just better to get it fixed somewhere else and pay for it... LOL Dealers like to take their time sometime.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks Redd thanked for this post