Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  39
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Express option questions?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Express option questions?

U will not regret it period. I run the 60 hp daily as the truck is my daily driver. I also tow with it often and if your too heavy to tow up a 7% grade at 60 mph plus in 5th or 6th with 3.42 gearing you are overweight

2016 ram 2500 hd slt mega-cab cummins g-56 (metallic gray pearlcoat or something of the sort) deleted and custom tuned by Ray (the king) @ doublerdiesel on mm3 platform with 5" turbo back exhaust by flo-pro & DD valair organic clutch
    looking for 30,000 gpm injectors @ a fair price btw LOL

2. Thanks RT76 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Like everyone said you won’t regret it- I run 120 tune empty and 60 towing. 12v sound tune most all the time and the overall drive ability and mpg have gone up (fuel about 30% gain) I have everything still plugged in under the hood- I just replaced after the down pipe exhaust

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks RT76 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Like everyone said you won’t regret it- I run 120 tune empty and 60 towing. 12v sound tune most all the time and the overall drive ability and mpg have gone up (fuel about 30% gain) I have everything still plugged in under the hood- I just replaced after the down pipe exhaust
    Do you have an EGT probe? If so, how was the install leaving everything in place?

6. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I never hooked my egt probe up. Always said I'd get to removing the egr cooler later. But I'm sure you could tap the #5 or 6 cyl tho

2016 ram 2500 hd slt mega-cab cummins g-56 (metallic gray pearlcoat or something of the sort) deleted and custom tuned by Ray (the king) @ doublerdiesel on mm3 platform with 5" turbo back exhaust by flo-pro & DD valair organic clutch
    looking for 30,000 gpm injectors @ a fair price btw LOL

8. Thanks RT76 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RT76 View Post
    Do you have an EGT probe? If so, how was the install leaving everything in place?
    I drilled my manifold a long time ago. Went through fender well wasn’t hard to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks RT76 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

No probe yet- I will likely add one once I install the hard parts for the egr delete since there is a tapped port in the block off (eventually).

Install for MM3 is very easy- just run connector through the firewall that plugs in under intake horn (this is what communicates with ecm) I went through the rubber boot already on the firewall.

Then plug in obdII for power and one cable to monitor. I have mine in upper left windshield so pulled the a pillar to hid the cord to MM3.

the small box is just zip tied up under the dash where they all connect.

Exhaust removal is pretty straight forward - took me a couple hours by myself never hanging an exhaust before- unplug everything then unbolt everything- I dropped the exhaust from front to back- used a ratchet strap to pull second cab from tail pipe since it was a little stubborn - Flo pro kit should bolt right up- I added resonator so had to mod that a bit to fit (I measured and cut it prior)

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks RT76 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189, walla2k5, RT76 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Batting around the idea of deleting the truck this winter. It's a 2014 Crew Cab 3500 DRW. Currently at 85k , Ive had it for about a year it has 1900 hrs driving / 900 hrs idle. Not sure if that's a high idle hour or not.

Truck is not a daily driver. Primarily used to haul slide in camper and trailer spring thru fall as well as general truck duty. I take it out at least once a week on a long interstate drive to keep things lubed during its downtime.

I've had a couple of emissions issues (nox sensor, DPF dP tubes fill up) and am considering getting DRD's new express tuner with 30hp tow tune only and a 4" exhaust w/ muffler. I'm not interested in racing the truck, just want reliability without making mpg worse.

Is this a good option for when driving and not towing? Or would the lite option be better to use the other tunes when driving unloaded.

Is egr probe necessary with the low HP tunes?

At my mileage / hours, would EGR delete be necessary? I'd prefer to just unplug to be able to restore it to stock easier in the future.

Thanks

I did the 30 hp tune and 4” with muffler and am very happy with it. Mileage when not towing went up 2+ mpg and the truck is also very responsive. I also did the EGR delete and have the EGT probe. Exhaust temp has never been an issue pulling 15k.

14. Thanks RT76 thanked for this post
    Likes RT76, walla2k5, watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12