Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: MM3 Tuner/Transmission Tuning/2nd Gen Swap

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Tuner/Transmission Tuning/2nd Gen Swap

Hey all, I'm taking delivery of my new 18' 2500 Cummins this weekend and I'm planning on deleting and tuning right out of the gate. Luckily in NH we're a free state so no real emissions as long as there is no CEL.

My intention is to go with Ray's MM3 setup but I'm wondering 2 things. 1) Does the tuning adjust or modify the transmission and 2) next summer I plan on moving up to a 2nd gen swap with supporting fueling. Mind you I don't need a race truck, just reliable easy rider. So would I need more advanced tuning from DoubleR or will I need a local dyno to dial it in?

My buddy is running EZ Lynk and is happy with it, zero smoke, no nonsense setup but I've been lurking here and following ray for a long time and I like what I see. I just want to cover my bases and put together a smart plan for this since it's the last truck I'll own for loooooong time (says the wife)

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Tuner/Transmission Tuning/2nd Gen Swap

Ray's does include trans running with with him tunes.
    As for the power adders, i.e. The second gen swap and what not; I am not sure if you will need to get it redone. Maybe @DoublerDiesel could jump in here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

4. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Live Free or Die- I would call or email double R and let them know your future plans. Once you communicate with them you won’t have any question about their service.

They include trans tuning with their tunes. My guess is if you are going with a tried and true second gen swap he will already have a solid baseline file set to provide and if you really want to dial it in then can adjust looking at logs until it’s to your liking.

I HIGHLY recommend the sound tunes- love the 12v and whistle tuning (whistle will not be possible with second gen swap once you lose VGT turbo)

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ckage83 View Post
    Hey all, I'm taking delivery of my new 18' 2500 Cummins this weekend and I'm planning on deleting and tuning right out of the gate. Luckily in NH we're a free state so no real emissions as long as there is no CEL.

My intention is to go with Ray's MM3 setup but I'm wondering 2 things. 1) Does the tuning adjust or modify the transmission and 2) next summer I plan on moving up to a 2nd gen swap with supporting fueling. Mind you I don't need a race truck, just reliable easy rider. So would I need more advanced tuning from DoubleR or will I need a local dyno to dial it in?

My buddy is running EZ Lynk and is happy with it, zero smoke, no nonsense setup but I've been lurking here and following ray for a long time and I like what I see. I just want to cover my bases and put together a smart plan for this since it's the last truck I'll own for loooooong time (says the wife)
    The MM3 from Ray at DRD he is and it is the best tuning in the world hands down

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Hey man I have a 2016 ram 2500 after I first deleted but with tunes from Ray including his transmission tuning made a night and day difference after about a year and a half I did a second GEN kit I went with the BD rumble bee 366 SXE kit which I absolutely love by the way definitely the cleanest kit on the market and the most complete it has a very factory look under the hood as well but having said that Ray immediately gave me updated tunes I had to purchase for a couple hundred bucks the new tunes and now another year later I am finally doing all the fuel mods fast 165 CP three fleece 10 mm stroker and DDP injectors 90 hp over and some other engine internals to beef it up and I also got a RevMax 700 again I reached out to Ray for more updated tunes he sent them right over he actually sent me two tunes one with all my supporting fuel mods and another separate one with the fuel mods plus transmission as it was a few weeks in between before they each got installed as most guys on will say his customer service is hands-down the best I email him frequently For general build advice and other questions non-related to the mm3 and tuning he has never turned me down and always helps out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

And also the mm3 install is very easy to plug it in and go no extra nonsense like old EFI live used to be I cannot say EZ link but live the way the mm3 works and everything you can monitor and adjust tpms values so you have no lights on the dash and takes two seconds to change different tune levels his transmission tuning is very well and
    Will go a long way to lengthen the transmission shift points are way more firm as he can adjust the line pressure to max for firmer shifting and
    Locks out 4,5,6 gear much more drivable around town being in 4th gear at 40mph rather than 6th its night and day difference in drive-ability good luck man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post