Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: G56 clutch Upgrade.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

G56 clutch Upgrade.

Recently I purchased a 2016 3500 6.7. With 48k on it.
    Its chipped and the settings the previous owner was using seem to be a bit much. I noticed a small amount of slippage in 6th gear. I'm running it deleted with stock settings. No slippage. Any reccomendation on a performance clutch? I may be having a shop do it. Or I may do it myself..it looks pretty easy. Can somebody tell me a fair price if a shop does it? And give some clutch reccomedations?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: G56 clutch Upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffonem View Post
    Recently I purchased a 2016 3500 6.7. With 48k on it.
    Its chipped and the settings the previous owner was using seem to be a bit much. I noticed a small amount of slippage in 6th gear. I'm running it deleted with stock settings. No slippage. Any reccomendation on a performance clutch? I may be having a shop do it. Or I may do it myself..it looks pretty easy. Can somebody tell me a fair price if a shop does it? And give some clutch reccomedations?

Hey bud! We prefer the Valair clutches. They are great quality and have great customer support. I'll be happy to shoot you a message and give you some info.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I second the choice of a Valiar clutch.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Thanks Duffonem thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have a South Bend dual disk and it's been great. Valair is good too...they both have a pretty similar design. You'll get a mix of who prefers which brand. Either way, go with a dual disk organic for the best drive ability and

I did mine myself to save some labor $$$ and it wasn't a difficult job, just time consuming. Also, if you notice any bit of leakage from your rear seal...replace it. I had a very small leak and didn't replace due to time constraints and it quickly turned into a big leak...need to pull my tranny again.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OneTon View Post
    I have a South Bend dual disk and it's been great. Valair is good too...they both have a pretty similar design. You'll get a mix of who prefers which brand. Either way, go with a dual disk organic for the best drive ability and

I did mine myself to save some labor $$$ and it wasn't a difficult job, just time consuming. Also, if you notice any bit of leakage from your rear seal...replace it. I had a very small leak and didn't replace due to time constraints and it quickly turned into a big leak...need to pull my tranny again.
    Great! I was considering south bend as well. Probaly order one or the other this week. I probably will do it myself and just buy a lift for the tranny and a couple tools. Never hurts to have the tools.

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Duffonem View Post
    Great! I was considering south bend as well. Probaly order one or the other this week. I probably will do it myself and just buy a lift for the tranny and a couple tools. Never hurts to have the tools.

If you're buying tools pick up a set of metric stubby end wrenches and a Cummins barring tool. You'll thank me later.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

11. Thanks Duffonem thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

You say your going to run on the stock setting. How much towing do you do?

If your going to run stock and don't tow heavy you can save yourself a lot of money with this kit.

Have installed 3-4 of these for people around the valley, many haul horses and cattle, no complaints.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...810484&jsn=548

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

13. Likes walla2k5 liked this post