Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: What HP is it actually?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

What HP is it actually?

I recently installed a 30HP tune in my 2015 ram 3500 aisin. To me, the stock tune felt stronger....

What’s got me thinking is...From what level of Cummins engine since Ram offers 3 levels. They have a, for 2015 models, 350/660, 370/800 and 385/865 HP/TQ ratings.
    Where does the 30HP tune add power from? The 350, 370 or 385?

I sort of regret doing this to my truck now after the results I’ve got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: What HP is it actually?

Good question. Are you deleted? Are you using box tuning? If custom tuned, whose tuning do you have?
    Welcome to the forum btw.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Oh sorry! I didn’t realize this was my first post here. I’ve looked at so many forums since I’ve had this truck but this one seems to have the most info.

It is deleted for off road use only. I don’t know how to define “box tuning”. To me it is since the truck wasn’t on a dyno and tuned individually. I don’t want to throw company names out and possibly smear any names without knowing more. It’s on an Ezlynk from a well respected Name.

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It runs good. It just doesn’t feel as strong. When the converter locks it used to pull strong (seat of pants feel) when it was stock. I switch it to 5 on the SOTF switch it for SURE gets stronger.
    I have available, 30,60,130,150 and 180 to choose from.

Has anyone ever dynoed their truck before and after? Particularly an automatic, 68 or aisin.

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 06roadglide View Post
    It runs good. It just doesn’t feel as strong. When the converter locks it used to pull strong (seat of pants feel) when it was stock. I switch it to 5 on the SOTF switch it for SURE gets stronger.
    I have available, 30,60,130,150 and 180 to choose from.

Has anyone ever dynoed their truck before and after? Particularly an automatic, 68 or aisin.

It really depends who tuned the truck.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 06roadglide View Post
    I recently installed a 30HP tune in my 2015 ram 3500 aisin. To me, the stock tune felt stronger....

What’s got me thinking is...From what level of Cummins engine since Ram offers 3 levels. They have a, for 2015 models, 350/660, 370/800 and 385/865 HP/TQ ratings.
    Where does the 30HP tune add power from? The 350, 370 or 385?

I sort of regret doing this to my truck now after the results I’ve got.

The company that tuned the truck will have a lot to do with how the truck performs. If it is indeed a well known name then let them know the issue you are having and let them see if they are able to get ya fixed up!

Everyone is human and tend to make mistakes from time to time. Keep us updated and we will all help as much as possible!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I sent an email asking them about this. Here is their response.

“So we always start with the base file for that model truck, so settings 1-4 it will be that extra hp rating on top of what that specific truck is advertised at as you listed bellow. Now on tune 5 they are all going to land at around the same hp, tune 5 we push the most we can get out of the factory power adding parts (injectors, turbo, and pump).

Thanks!”

So if the tune I load says Aisin Trans, then it’s the listed HP tune added to factory power output. So 385 + 30,60,130,150

The 180 is approximate as it maxes out the stock engine.