Having trouble getting my water pump replaced. I have a 2017 ram 2500. I got a flyer in the mail a couple of months ago stating that my water pump had been recalled(of course I already knew that). I called the dealership and the service advisor entered my vin into the computer and nothing came up. Because no recalls come up, the dealership says they're hands are tied. Nothing they can do and gave me this number 1800-992-1997

The recall covers build dates from 10-24-12 thru 2-27-2017. The build date on my truck is 2-27-2017@6:00pm.

I've heard the main way to tell if you need a new pump is to see if there is a weep hole drilled on the front, behind the pulley. OF COURSE MINE HAS NO HOLE! I've never seen a water pump without a weep hole.

So to conclude. I've called the recall center number. They gave me the run around "well because your vin isn't listed there's nothing we can do from here" BS. And "you still have the bumper to bumper warranty so its covered if it fails".

I mainly use my truck to haul cattle and equipment. I'm not the type of person to wait til something breaks to fix it. SO WHAT DO I DO NOW? The last thing I need is for this thing to burn to ground with a load of cows hooked to it...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk