Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: retrofit source Headlights

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

retrofit source Headlights

Anyone use the headlights they sell? Quality and reliability? Whats been everyone's experience

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: retrofit source Headlights

Quote Originally Posted by carden260 View Post
    Anyone use the headlights they sell? Quality and reliability? Whats been everyone's experience
    Sorry, no experience with that outfit. Look like pretty decent prices though.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have not bought headlights from them, but have bought parts for headlights. I have some parts in my garage from them right now, Trying to decide to take my replacement TYC headlights apart again or start over with my factory lights and do new projectors and demon eyes and DRL boards. Have had no issues with anything I purchased from them.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

@BrentM

Any issues with your TYC's? Looking at getting TYC or possibly OEM ($$$) projectors in the spring

Cheers

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCummins View Post
    @BrentM

Any issues with your TYC's? Looking at getting TYC or possibly OEM ($$$) projectors in the spring

Cheers
    The only issue I have is that the lenses seemed to scratch very easily and I had a very tough time polishing them. I also have an area that has turned milky and I am not sure why. One light I had to heat a lot more to get the lens to release, not sure if it was the driver side or passenger side. I can't say if the materials are any different than the factory lights because they look identical except for the ram logo in the factory light and I have read that TYC makes the OEM lights for FCA. Here is a n image of the milky lens:

It was not like that when I put it together. I can;t really go back to TYC since I baked them, not sure what is happening but it seems to be getting worse.

Here is the same lens when I sealed them up:

The passenger side still looks great. I have more images in my headlight build thread here:

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...121#post114121

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post