Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 06 cummins question

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 06 cummins question

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Van Epps View Post
    Yeah it's acting more like a load on the motor, reminds me of when my a.c. condenser was going out. Watched it today and the drop in rpms is minimal, might just be that I notice everything and think more of it then what is really going on.
    I don't understand what you are saying. I thought the blower motor was stalling the engine? I need a better explanation so I keep my foot out of my mouth

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes Sisupower liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Sounds like your alternator could be weak. Working just enough to keep the battery’s full just enough to restart it the next day. Say your alt is supposed to putout 140A but it only puts out 20A. That would deffinatly cause an issue on a cold start when the grid heater is cycling or during any other high electrical load just like your blower motor at the minimum I would have your ALT tested to see how good it is charging This is easy and could rule this out I’m a auto repair tech and with what you saying about your problems this would be the first place I would look

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

06 cummins question

Yeah now that you mention it, even if the blower motor were causing a larger than normal amp draw it shouldn’t be an issue unless the alternator or batteries are weak. Plus, the blower motor fuse should blow if it is over limit. So my earlier theory doesn’t make sense.

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73

5. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
    Likes dmuney liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

So if im reading this correctly, you only get the rough idle when you turn your heater on?

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Is your grid heater working correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

What does the volt gauge on the dash do while this is going on? Do your lights dim as well?

Put a meter on your truck while it's doing it and report back.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I wouldnt think the alternator could stall the engine..... even if it were to lock up completely the belt would just burn up especially not from an overdraw situation.
    I would think instead possibly overcharging over voltage most ecm's go wonky around 18 volts
    2016 ram 2500 hd slt mega-cab cummins g-56 (metallic gray pearlcoat or something of the sort) deleted and custom tuned by Ray (the king) @ doublerdiesel on mm3 platform with 5" turbo back exhaust by flo-pro & DD valair organic clutch
    looking for 30,000 gpm injectors @ a fair price btw LOL

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Or possibly s odd sine wave not being filtered out by a bad rectifirectifier in the alt. Or something totaly unrelated. However then you see something in person the whole story changes

2016 ram 2500 hd slt mega-cab cummins g-56 (metallic gray pearlcoat or something of the sort) deleted and custom tuned by Ray (the king) @ doublerdiesel on mm3 platform with 5" turbo back exhaust by flo-pro & DD valair organic clutch
    looking for 30,000 gpm injectors @ a fair price btw LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12