Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  40
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heading south for the winter

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Heading south for the winter

Thanks Dan Truck has ran great ever since you hooked me up with Ray and the MM3. Couldn't`t be happier Cheers Bartster

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    '80 FXWG
    trike.jpg

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bartster View Post
    I finally made down to south florida. Truck ran fine, But I am worried about my trans or maybe my TC. Had a traffic jam in the tennesee mountains (accident) When we started to slowly start back up the truck shuttered and seems like it didn't`t want to move. Kept an eye on trans temp and they where good ( 155- 165 ) Pulling a fully loaded 5th wheel. Wanted my next purchase to be a propane injection system but now i am thinking trans replacement. Has anybody tried the new Allison tran conversion and how does it work and cost. Also there is a place in Boca Ratten that sells a 68RFE rebuilt for $3400 W/ 5 year or 100,000 mile warranty. What say you cummins experts?
    That conversion is expensive! Have your trans built with upgraded frictions. I use this stuff. You can try it to see if it alleviates the chatter.

https://www.cascadetransmissionparts.com/instantshudderfix.aspx
    I had time to think about this since we last talked about it. The converter is the fuse, but wouldn't cause a chatter at startup. Does the chatter get worse the harder you step on it?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

What gear are you in when experiencing the chatter. Any chance you would post a video of the truck doing it?

PS I love the keys! We go for a week every summer and take the boat to fish for Mahi and get lobster. We stay on Little Torch which is right next to Big Pine. Keep us updated!

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    That conversion is expensive! Have your trans built with upgraded frictions. I use this stuff. You can try it to see if it alleviates the chatter.

https://www.cascadetransmissionparts.com/instantshudderfix.aspx
    I had time to think about this since we last talked about it. The converter is the fuse, but wouldn't cause a chatter at startup. Does the chatter get worse the harder you step on it?
    Trans chattering sounds to me like it’s slipping I’d say trans needs to be rebuilt

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Hi AJ Chatter only happen during start up in first gear. Only happens when I am pulling a load from a dead stop. Sorry its taken me soooo long to answer. Been working on 5th wheel, just arrived in Big Pine. Can't post video. Old and don't know how. PS. Love it in the Keys Cheers Bartster

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Will try the additive fix. Sorry its taken sooo long to answer. Been busy trying ti get set up down here. Cheers Bartster

14. Likes watersupply189, Polaraco liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Hi Dan. I am afraid you are right. Was hoping it could be the TC as it only chatters during take off. I am not a trans expert but do enjoy the input from this forum. Gunna do more research when I get settled in. Thanks All

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Im brand new to the 68RFE transmission. But ive been doing alot of research. From what I have been reading, the most common failure for these transmissions is the overdrive clutches burning up. Meaning the truck will start refusing to shift into 5th and 6th and you get a check engine light.

If you have no check engine light and its only doing it starting out in first gear that would give me some hope that the trans is not toast yet. But I'm far from an expert. Does your trans fluid smell bad (burnt)?

You really need to teach yourself to take cell phone videos and post them to the internet. Its not difficult. Lots of "old guys" do it every day!

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

We are back from the Keys . trans worked OK. No check engine light. Still nervous bout the trans tho. Went to the trans place that services my vehicles. Got a price of $6300. Thats with a billet flex plate, low stall TC new solenoid pack, sun coast valve body and rebuilding the rest of the trans. 18 month warranty and 18,000 miles. seems like the warranty should be longer. The mechanic that I talked to seems to know his trade. Just nervous about the warranty. Any advice out there? Thanks in advance

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast