Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: What Tune To Run On?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

What Tune To Run On?

I have the Bullydog GT tuner on my 6.7L.

Like it a lot and the added mileage I get.

My question in I leave it on extreme for daily driver.

Is this harmful to anything except maybe tires? LOL.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: What Tune To Run On?

Just be smart with it.

Any added power on a stock truck has the potential to cause damage.

If your daily driving and not doing anything crazy your good.

If you like to play hard and pass people while flooring it bump it down for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Just be smart with it.

Any added power on a stock truck has the potential to cause damage.

If your daily driving and not doing anything crazy your good.

If you like to play hard and pass people while flooring it bump it down for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like Clayton said just be smart about how you use it.

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

My 2010 RAM 6.7L has a Bullydog tuner.

It runs perfect and no issues.

Unfortunately I live in CA (sorry cant move yet) My smog has just come due, I uninstalled the Bullydog program and took it in for smog.

Ugg FAILED because it threw a P0601 code.

Apparently the tune left breadcrumbs for Ca. smog machine to find and it was kicked out. Now what ?

*Called dealer they now want $2900 for a new PCM and of course it has to be flashed/reprogrammed more $$$.

*Went online and found reconditioned units they program to trucks VIN that are guaranteed to work fine and pass smog. for under 1K. Bought it!

My question, If I install the new PCU get truck to pass smog, Can I then pull unit off the truck and reinstall the old programmed PCU and just keep factory one for smog time every 2 years?

Oh the old statement ''everyone lies" is true ... I called Bullydog before installing this unit on my CA truck and at the time was told it left NO footprint.

Well tell that to CA smog computer..

Thanks in advance for the help.

7. Likes cogdellja liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

That sucks to hear.

So glad I don’t have all that garbage to worry about where I live....yet.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RBH View Post

Unfortunately I live in CA (sorry cant move yet) My smog has just come due, I uninstalled the Bullydog program and took it in for smog.

Apparently the tune left breadcrumbs for Ca. smog machine to find and it was kicked out. Now what ?

*Called dealer they now want $2900 for a new PCM and of course it has to be flashed/reprogrammed more $$$.

*Went online and found reconditioned units they program to trucks VIN that are guaranteed to work fine and pass smog. for under 1K. Bought it!

My question, If I install the new PCU get truck to pass smog, Can I then pull unit off the truck and reinstall the old programmed PCU and just keep factory one for smog time every 2 years?

Oh the old statement ''everyone lies" is true ... I called Bullydog before installing this unit on my CA truck and at the time was told it left NO footprint.

That sounds like quite a money racket.

Good stuff.... Truckers bring it

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RBH View Post

I assume no CEL, correct?

How long did you drive the truck after returning to stock?

I ran into this year's back when I had a tuner on my 1500.

The truck needed a few hundred miles to reset everything after returning to stock.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI