Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor about manual 6 speed going away in 19 or 20

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Rumor about manual 6 speed going away in 19 or 20

Question for the community of Ram owners and enthusiasts. SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN A TOPIC

My 22 Y/O son is the one that convinced me to move from Ford to Ram (obviously a smart kid) and I owe him. He currently has a 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 with a manual transmission with 80k miles. It took him months to find his truck since he wants the manual transmission. Now he is looking to get a new Ram 2500 or 3500, but does not want an auto transmission. There have been rumors that Manual is going away, and rumors that they are going to continue. He sat down today with the Owner of our 2 local Dodge/Ram dealerships and confirmed they can not take any orders for new builds. The owner said he was only given 2 week notice that they were stopping production. The one thing he could not say is wether or not the manual transmission was going to be discontinued. Has anyone on the forum heard these rumors?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes 03 unicorn, walla2k5, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Rumor about manual 6 speed going away in 19 or 20

No more hand shakers in the Ram HD's as of the 2019 model year.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...rucks-for-2019

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes 03 unicorn, walla2k5, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Those rumors have been round for a couple years and more so with other manufactures with all other kinds of their vehicles.
    Thanks you EPA !

I just recently bought my wife a new car and in general discussions with the dealership management, found it is getting far too hard to meet the governments MPGs unless they go Auto with more computer control over it. I see them gone in 5 to 7 years.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Thanks walla2k5, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OneTon View Post
    No more hand shakers in the Ram HD's as of the 2019 model year.
    Is this confirmed for sure? Anything official from RAM we can look at?

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wy4x4 View Post
    Is this confirmed for sure? Anything official from RAM we can look at?
    I watched a TFL review of the new HDs and they said that Ram did away with the manual transmission. Glad I picked up my 2018 when I did!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    I watched a TFL review of the new HDs and they said that Ram did away with the manual transmission. Glad I picked up my 2018 when I did!
    Sad day when you can not longer buy a diesel pickup with a manual. Even the on-highway stuff is getting more automatics. Guess this old dinosaur will have to finally adapt with the times. I mean, I did get my first smart phone 2 days ago, and hate it.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

12. Likes Hotram9212, Sicker liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I really wish ram hadn’t done away with the manual transmission. I’m sure they have their reasons, and I’m sure if it was feasible, they would have continued to put them in their trucks. But it’s still sad, because now the price will no doubt explode since no one will want to part with their truck for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I will drive mine til the body falls off then put another body on it just so I can keep my manual transmission. Back in mid 2018 the dealer I bought mine from sent/called wanting me to trade. I ignored them. They called the other day told then sure if yall will put my transmission in the new truck. Crickets then I don't think we can do that, my response was well I don't think I can buy a new truck so don't call, email or mail me anything about it any more. Unless my wife gets the hankering for a new vehicle I will keep mine til there is absolutely nothing left.
    I'm friends with the sales manager there and he said his last four trucks with manuals sold within a week. He wished he'd ordered more.

15. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    I will drive mine til the body falls off then put another body on it just so I can keep my manual transmission. Back in mid 2018 the dealer I bought mine from sent/called wanting me to trade. I ignored them. They called the other day told then sure if yall will put my transmission in the new truck. Crickets then I don't think we can do that, my response was well I don't think I can buy a new truck so don't call, email or mail me anything about it any more. Unless my wife gets the hankering for a new vehicle I will keep mine til there is absolutely nothing left.
    I'm friends with the sales manager there and he said his last four trucks with manuals sold within a week. He wished he'd ordered more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    Don’t panic. I see that Kernesville Dodge in Kernersville, North Carolina has 67 Ram diesels with manual transmission listed! Check them out. Www.31dodge.com. I’m always checking out their prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast