Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What does your shop look like?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: What does your shop look like?

Quote Originally Posted by allbizns View Post
    Thats crazy yes small world. I worked in the car repair shop in downtown. So i didn't get to know alot of the guys in the Truck shop at the showroom.
    I worked for John. I knew Tommy, Henry,Cory great Family!! and Oh yeah Crazy Mike. He would come by when he needed something. I guess he still had his big tow trucks and vintage fire trucks. Not sure if Gary (GJ) as he called himself LOL... was still around when you were there.
    The Guys I know were from the car shop as we called it. John was my boss, Joe was our service writer cant remeber his last name at the moment . Charlie Collerach was an older tech there very sharp guy he taught me alot. There was a guy Buddy Brewer we would go out time to time. Vincent Butti, Steve Salisbury our transmission guy And Derick. I was a young kid just out of high school when I worked there while going to college. It was a big learning moment in my life I often look back on thoes times and realize what a great experience and group of guys they were, that was 92-94ish. So if you had brought any of your cars in for repair during that time there is a good chance I might have worked on it LOL... I did leave for a brief time to go work at Gerheart Chevy as a tech. My mom did all there motor vehicle paper work till about 8 or so years ago till she moved down to NC near me. I couldn't take the big dealer life hahaha so went back to Corigliano till I left for NC in 95.
    I was Born in Deville and raised in Glaicer Hills in Parsippany. My dad. Uncle and I bowled in multiple leauges at East Hanover Lanes as well. Then we would finish the night at Hoovers Tavern on the way home way less liberal world then haha...I also did some night work at Topps Apliance City Installing car audio.
    My dad is Still up there in Glaicer Hills. We try and go up at least once a year to see everyone. You never know who you are going to meet. I never think any one will ever know where Parsippany NJ is but the older I get it seems the more people I run into from somewher around there. Part of me misses the area. But then I talk to my dad about the taxes and realize I could never live like I do in NC along with supporting my family up there.
    Thats a shame on the dealer. Next time we are up I'll have to ride by and show my boys the old place they would get a kick out of seeing where dad used to work.
    Man thanks for making me relive old times for a minute. Thats when life seemed so simple LOL...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Next time you come up, let's meet.

Are you talking about Jon Pierson? Hemi John??? Derick, was a black guy? If so, I know him well. He lives out in PA now

I bought a 94 Intrepid, 2 weeks after my Dad bought a 93. I also bought a red and white Dakota, from the show room floor. You may remember that one. That same year I bought a 93 cummins. That was my personal truck and the Dak was a company truck. Yup I was doing double duty.

The only prob we had with the the Intrepids was water getting into the trunks when you drove them in the rain. My dad got his fixed in the car shop, I had the honor of going to Newark DE to fix the problem on the robots. Our competitor couldn't fond the problem so they called in the trouble shooter. I took the car down an the plant manager had it fixed while i discovered 1 reversed wire on the robot. A form C sensor that was wired wrong. The function I fixed was for a sealant nozzle to activate on both sides. It injected sealant before the pinch weld. Took them longer to caulk up the wheel wells than it did for me to fix the problem. That body never leaked again. Those were the days,

Yeah we gotta meet. I'll drag @F350Cummins with me. We'll show that kid how it's done! LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Thats crazy yes small world. I worked in the car repair shop in downtown. So i didn't get to know alot of the guys in the Truck shop at the showroom.
    I worked for John. I knew Tommy, Henry,Cory great Family!! and Oh yeah Crazy Mike. He would come by when he needed something. I guess he still had his big tow trucks and vintage fire trucks. Not sure if Gary (GJ) as he called himself LOL... was still around when you were there.
    The Guys I know were from the car shop as we called it. John was my boss, Joe was our service writer cant remeber his last name at the moment . Charlie Collerach was an older tech there very sharp guy he taught me alot. There was a guy Buddy Brewer we would go out time to time. Vincent Butti, Steve Salisbury our transmission guy And Derick. I was a young kid just out of high school when I worked there while going to college. It was a big learning moment in my life I often look back on thoes times and realize what a great experience and group of guys they were, that was 92-94ish. So if you had brought any of your cars in for repair during that time there is a good chance I might have worked on it LOL... I did leave for a brief time to go work at Gerheart Chevy as a tech. My mom did all there motor vehicle paper work till about 8 or so years ago till she moved down to NC near me. I couldn't take the big dealer life hahaha so went back to Corigliano till I left for NC in 95.
    I was Born in Deville and raised in Glaicer Hills in Parsippany. My dad. Uncle and I bowled in multiple leauges at East Hanover Lanes as well. Then we would finish the night at Hoovers Tavern on the way home way less liberal world then haha...I also did some night work at Topps Apliance City Installing car audio.
    My dad is Still up there in Glaicer Hills. We try and go up at least once a year to see everyone. You never know who you are going to meet. I never think any one will ever know where Parsippany NJ is but the older I get it seems the more people I run into from somewher around there. Part of me misses the area. But then I talk to my dad about the taxes and realize I could never live like I do in NC along with supporting my family up there.
    Thats a shame on the dealer. Next time we are up I'll have to ride by and show my boys the old place they would get a kick out of seeing where dad used to work.
    Man thanks for making me relive old times for a minute. Thats when life seemed so simple LOL...

BTW, Gearhart sold out about a year ago.

I'm on my 14th Cummins and the last. When this goes it will be a Hyundai and a 62 New Yorker.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    BTW, Gearhart sold out about a year ago.

I'm on my 14th Cummins and the last. When this goes it will be a Hyundai and a 62 New Yorker.
    Definitely would love to meet up with you guys!

I was talking about John Corigliano. Him and Gary were over at the car shop they were kind of the outcast sons. I do remember Pierson another good guy.

Yes that is Derrick! we used to call him Dellucci. He was a good guy he had a pretty cool lifted early 70 Ford. . Me, Vinny, and Buddy would bust his chops pretty good. Maybe too much sometimes. Thats cool tell him Shawn said hello next time you talk to him they used to bust on me and call me the Keebler Elf LOL he might remember that.
    PA hum I would have figured he would have ended up in NC. I remember he had family down here. I'll never forget he always talked about his drag car with a 331 hemi in it he had in NC for like years none of us believed him and would give him crap about it. Then one summer he went to NC on vacation and came back with pictures our jaws dropped LOL..we all couldn't believe it made us eat our words hahaha... I'll never forget that.

I do remember that Dakota. And fighting the intrepid water leaks uggg. Thats cool that you took care of that stuff. I bet you've got alot of crazy stories from dealing with stuff on those assembly lines and the manufacturer.

Yeah my mother had told me about Gerhardt. Corporate america taking over. Sad to see those family places dissapearing. Although once Mr Gerhardt turned it over to the Controller and finance guy and then he passed I figure it wasnt long.

As long as the Greeks keep the diners going though up there it will all be good LOL...

Wow 14 Cummins thats awsome. I here you on the Hyundai they have come a long way. 62 New Yorker thats a cool car.

Yes sir we will have to meet up! There is nothing better than the old stories!!!

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Definitely would love to meet up with you guys!

I was talking about John Corigliano. Him and Gary were over at the car shop they were kind of the outcast sons. I do remember Pierson another good guy.

Yes that is Derrick! we used to call him Dellucci. He was a good guy he had a pretty cool lifted early 70 Ford. . Me, Vinny, and Buddy would bust his chops pretty good. Maybe too much sometimes. Thats cool tell him Shawn said hello next time you talk to him they used to bust on me and call me the Keebler Elf LOL he might remember that.
    PA hum I would have figured he would have ended up in NC. I remember he had family down here. I'll never forget he always talked about his drag car with a 331 hemi in it he had in NC for like years none of us believed him and would give him crap about it. Then one summer he went to NC on vacation and came back with pictures our jaws dropped LOL..we all couldn't believe it made us eat our words hahaha... I'll never forget that.

I do remember that Dakota. And fighting the intrepid water leaks uggg. Thats cool that you took care of that stuff. I bet you've got alot of crazy stories from dealing with stuff on those assembly lines and the manufacturer.

Yeah my mother had told me about Gerhardt. Corporate america taking over. Sad to see those family places dissapearing. Although once Mr Gerhardt turned it over to the Controller and finance guy and then he passed I figure it wasnt long.

As long as the Greeks keep the diners going though up there it will all be good LOL...

Wow 14 Cummins thats awsome. I here you on the Hyundai they have come a long way. 62 New Yorker thats a cool car.

Yes sir we will have to meet up! There is nothing better than the old stories!!!

Just to make sure you don't think I'm Derick. LOL Damn thing is so big it's hard to get pictures

DSCN0539.jpg

5. Likes david3gen liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Hahaha. I wouldn't think that. They are huge. Thats when they built cars. Good looking ride! I love the front of those cars.

2018 Ram 2500 Granite Crystal Laramie Sport 4x4 CCSB
    Thuren 2.75 front with Fox RR/ 1.0 rear with .75 spacer and King 2.0/ Thuren frt/Rear track bars
    American Racing ATX AX202 18x9 5"bs 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    ARE Camper Top

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123