Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ram STILL throws code P0191 WTF

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ram STILL throws code P0191 WTF

This is turning epic.. This is my first Diesel and I bought a Cummins because of its reputation, but now I'm having regrets..
    My truck has thrown the P0191 code since I bought it 3 months ago.. only has 82,000 miles.. so far I have done...
    *new fuel sending unit
    *new fuel pressure regulator
    *plug in relief valve
    *new Fleece HP fuel pump
    *cat fuel filters
    Then I take to dealer.. they said it needs reflashed..Ok they reflash it, next I get a lighting bolt and code for throttle, and a communication computer code.. Dealers says I have a faulty PCM.. Geeze, $1800.00 for new PCM and files etc.. Latest updated programming.. I drive off lot and it throws a code for #1 injector.. Took it back, dealer said it needed flashed again a file didn't load.. Ok reflasehed again.. Picked up again drove home again and P0191 code is back.. WTF..

Any ideas before I invest in C-4 ???

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Ram STILL throws code P0191 WTF

Quote Originally Posted by RBH View Post
    This is turning epic.. This is my first Diesel and I bought a Cummins because of its reputation, but now I'm having regrets..
    My truck has thrown the P0191 code since I bought it 3 months ago.. only has 82,000 miles.. so far I have done...
    *new fuel sending unit
    *new fuel pressure regulator
    *plug in relief valve
    *new Fleece HP fuel pump
    *cat fuel filters
    Then I take to dealer.. they said it needs reflashed..Ok they reflash it, next I get a lighting bolt and code for throttle, and a communication computer code.. Dealers says I have a faulty PCM.. Geeze, $1800.00 for new PCM and files etc.. Latest updated programming.. I drive off lot and it throws a code for #1 injector.. Took it back, dealer said it needed flashed again a file didn't load.. Ok reflasehed again.. Picked up again drove home again and P0191 code is back.. WTF..

Any ideas before I invest in C-4 ???
    I say tannerite it will be funner LOL. Honestly it has to be simple. It's all new so ide say its wiring issue. But take it back to the dealer and make em eat whatever it is. You spent 2 grand with them to fix it. So you held up your part by paying them. They didnt hold up their part by fixing it. If it's not a pressure problem. And the sensor is new oem. And the pcm is good. It's either wiring, connection, or something on the same circuit not sure if there is anything else on the circuit. But regardless if you get it back to them and they still cant figure out what the cause is. It definately wouldnt be out of the realm for them to have an engineer come figure it out.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Is your truck tuned and deleted or stock? If its stock is it possible with all the fuel system upgrades the truck has. The fuel pressure is higher than the pcm wants to see? And in turn is throwing the code? Sounds really good in my head. LOL the code isnt saying the pressure is low. Its saying it's different from what the pcm wants

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Is your truck tuned and deleted or stock? If its stock is it possible with all the fuel system upgrades the truck has. The fuel pressure is higher than the pcm wants to see? And in turn is throwing the code? Sounds really good in my head. LOL the code isnt saying the pressure is low. Its saying it's different from what the pcm wants
    Yeah What you said. We seem to have duplicate threads. Problems like this are usually easily solved without pilot error

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...-jamahl-walker

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Its all stock , Dealer just put a new PCM in it 2 days ago.. it didn't fix the problem

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Its all stock , Dealer just put a new PCM in it 2 days ago.. it didn't fix the problem
    And all your fuel system upgrades are they just like factory replacement upgrades or performance upgrades?

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

And all your fuel system upgrades are they just like factory replacement upgrades or performance upgrades?
    I did install the Cat duel fuel filter system, but it was throwing codes before I installed the system.. Was hoping cleaner fuel would help

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Dealer installed a new pigtail wiring harness today from fuel pressure sending unit .. I have truck back to test out this weekend.. Hopefully No codes.. Sad to say this is what I suggested them to ck initially , they said it was not a problem. Uggg And to ice the cake dealer said it was also throwing a code for clutch fan speed out of range.. $800.00 to replace.. OMG , has to end soon, Tannerite is sounding better and better..

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Dealer installed a new pigtail wiring harness today from fuel pressure sending unit .. I have truck back to test out this weekend.. Hopefully No codes.. Sad to say this is what I suggested them to ck initially , they said it was not a problem. Uggg And to ice the cake dealer said it was also throwing a code for clutch fan speed out of range.. $800.00 to replace.. OMG , has to end soon, Tannerite is sounding better and better..
    I wonder if this truck was abused before you got it

I've been reluctant to say much because I would have to have it in my hands. My first reaction was like yours. Throwing parts at it is not the way to solve problems. It's a shame they took your money with a smile and did unnecessary work. It's like a guy who needed a new knee and they do brain surgery

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I'll bet that takes care of it. Ide be one hot fellar ig it fixes it being that you spent 2g on a pcm LOL. I've got my fingers crossed for you. Is this the same one that started out throwing the code after driving and then coming to a stop?

17. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast