Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ram STILL throws code P0191 WTF

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Ram STILL throws code P0191 WTF

Yes this is same truck throwing code when stopped at red light.. And YES it did it again this weekend after all the repairs, drove it 40 miles went to movies and stopped at red light and "DING".. Im really frustrated as to what it could possible be.. At this point its like whats left to replace ? Injectors ? entire wiring harness ? OMG.. What ever throws the code has no impact on engine performance. The only other thought I have is when I replaced the fuel rail pressure sender I purchased a BOSH sender for under $200 , rather than the OEM for $400.. Im sure what ever it is its milliamps ,, I reset the code again and drove another 50 miles with multiple stops and no code.. Guess the only solution is to RUN all red lights.. Wonder if police would cut me some slack.. LOL Some one somewhere has had to have this problem.. Other than jacking up the radiator cap and putting a new truck underneath im stumped..

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The truck only has 82,000 miles, no signs of a fifth wheel and pristine interior.. VERY clean truck. I really dont think it was abused.. I did check into its history and nothing alarm on dealer records except it lived in Canada for a while.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I have the same issue. Spent many hours and much money with same outcome as you. Only thing left is to replace injectors and CP3 and not even sure that would help so I'm holding off. Doesnt really effect mpg just very annoying. Sometimes feel bucking on hwy going 55mph in 5th gear when lugging. Below a list of what I have changed:

FCA
    FRP sensor
    Low side pump (Now I have Airdog)
    Tighten Injector tubes (42 ftlbs)
    Reprogram lower setting (Raceme)
    Airfilter
    Map sensor
    Boost sensor

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I have same issue. Runs great. Mpg is good. Stop at a red light...Ding...

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Same thing here, folks! Truck just started doing this a couple weeks ago. Still runs just fine. Haven't noticed any difference in performance or mileage.
    Can reset with Torque Pro, but comes right back a day or two later, usually at a stoplight.

I've been reading on this, and one of the things that comes up from time to time is the TIPM as a possible suspect. The TIPM provides the power to the rail pressure sensor, so if there's a connection issue or mice living in the cavity under the TIPM chewing on wires, it can cause gremlins like the P0191 fault.

I haven't dug into it yet, but planning to start looking around there as I get time. I suspect a weird wiring issue, given that the truck is running fine.

Good luck!! I'm staying tuned into this one. If I were the OP, I think I'd be well past crazy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Newbie here.
    I have 2012, 6.7 2500 throwing P0191. Changed fuel filter, code came back. rough idle continues. Kragen diag. was Fuel rail pressure sensor. I can get the reman Bosch for cheap but it's a pain to replace, and how can I be sure this will fix it? Can I test the sensor before? I have the truck sold but must fix code first.
    I just purchased 2007 5.9, 3500, 6 speed. Now I have two trucks.

7. Likes david3gen liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

What is TIPM?

9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rockpile Renegade View Post
    What is TIPM?
    Total integrated power module- basically the fuse box/brains for the truck that poweres the ECM (engine control module) and PCM (power control module) which is transmission

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rockpile Renegade View Post
    Newbie here.
    I have 2012, 6.7 2500 throwing P0191. Changed fuel filter, code came back. rough idle continues. Kragen diag. was Fuel rail pressure sensor. I can get the reman Bosch for cheap but it's a pain to replace, and how can I be sure this will fix it? Can I test the sensor before? I have the truck sold but must fix code first.
    I just purchased 2007 5.9, 3500, 6 speed. Now I have two trucks.
    Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I have a suggestion in regards tk this and other aronious tipm stuff. My 08 did some crazy stuff but i cleaned/ replaced crap battery terminal clamps and pulled the tipm out, unplugged all the connections, checked/ cleaned corrosion and added dielectric grease to all connections and all my issues went away. Food for thought

2012 RAM 3500 CCLB, G56, South Bend DD Ceramic, Deletes, MM3 with DRD Tunes, Headstuds, 4" Exhaust, 8" Mcgaughy's Long Arm Lift, 22.5 alcoas, 3.42 Gears, Recon Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light.

2008 RAM 3500 Mega, 68RFE, Leveling Kit, 35" Comforsers, Deletes, Headstuds, Smarty JR67 Pre-Emissions Law, Edge Insight, Airbags, AFE intake, 5" Exhaust.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast