Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Lift kit noise

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Lift kit noise

I did a 6.5 lift kit on my 2500. I have a noise coming from the front driver side when the suspension moves. When I brake I hear it. When I turn and the floor is not completely leveled I hear it. It seems like some type of metal is making the noise. Has anyone got this before. Seems to have happened after I installed the steering stabilizers and that same day I had the truck aligned. Since that day I hear that noise. Also at the alignment place they adjusted the differential to move forward from the drop bracket bolts. Any ideas where it could be coming from?

Thanks

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Lift kit noise

Welcome!!

Installing a lift kit can change so much under the truck it's hard to pinpoint noises without being there in person. I'd start with checking the clearances around the steering stabilizer since that was the last thing installed.

Also, what brand lift kit did you use and what other components were used on the front end. Every little detail will help.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes Dwelsh, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bushmaster007 View Post
    I did a 6.5 lift kit on my 2500. I have a noise coming from the front driver side when the suspension moves. When I brake I hear it. When I turn and the floor is not completely leveled I hear it. It seems like some type of metal is making the noise. Has anyone got this before. Seems to have happened after I installed the steering stabilizers and that same day I had the truck aligned. Since that day I hear that noise. Also at the alignment place they adjusted the differential to move forward from the drop bracket bolts. Any ideas where it could be coming from?

Thanks
    I would start by double checking your work. Making sure everything is tight. Then going from there. Just cause something feels tight by moving it by hand doesn't mean its tight with 5k pounds on top of it. Lift kit companies suggest you retorque everything anyways.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

6. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

One of the ways i like to try and pinpoint this is to start of spraying one bolt at a time that you think may be the cause of the noise. Depending on what kind of noise and once it stops or quites down then go from there.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I had a squeak on mine a few months back, about 8 months after installing my Carli Kit. Only heard it while driving so couldn't pin point it. Anyway, doing maintenance, I hit all my greas zerks, 2 days later, squeak gone.
    Just a thought

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

10. Likes walla2k5, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I put a zone lift and I have noise from my control arm bushing that mounts to the frame so annoying and a popping sound I can't pinpoint on bumps

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post