Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EGR delete on a 2016 ram 2500

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

EGR delete on a 2016 ram 2500

I got a *** ERG delete kit when I ordered my stuff from DRD. I got through what I thought was supposed to be the hard part and got the parts off. As I started putting things back together following the directions I began to realized that I was going to have parts left over and would be needing a new CCV hose as the directions and the set up pushed it too far out to make a solid connection on the connectors. The directions included from *** didn't mention anything at all about what I assume is the exhaust pressure sensor as to where its supposed to go or what to do with it. Does anybody have better pictures of the finished setup and any info that would help me finish this project?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

-Doc

If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out!

2. Top Of Page | #2

Re: EGR delete on a 2016 ram 2500

You basically have to loosen it off the manifold and set it all way back like if it was pointing towards the firewall. Then tighten it down after putting the bracket in place that will hold the coolant return line.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Doc thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Doc, Hemphill21 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Djfundamentalz;129658]You basically have to loosen it off the manifold and set it all way back like if it was pointing towards the firewall. Then tighten it down after putting the bracket in place that will hold the coolant return

After posting this I think I figured it out at least the bracket anyway, do you have any pictures of the final assembly? Like the re routed hoses or where everything is supposed to be connected to? Have to work today so my project is on hold for 24 hrs and I'm trying to get everything lined up so I can get it knocked out early in the morning and get my pickup back

If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how ought all the gods honor the men who make it their professional business to put it out!

5. Top Of Page | #4

The only thing I didn't do was change over were the coolant goes back into. If you read the instructions it tells you to reroute it to cylinder 5. I just left it in checking 4. I also had to buy a snake nut and bolt cuz I couldn't get the one to fit in the front bottom side of the bracket.

6. Thanks Doc thanked for this post
    Likes Doc, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Djfundamentalz;129672]The only thing I didn't do was change over were the coolant goes back into. If you read the instructions it tells you to reroute it to cylinder 5. I just left it in checking 4. I also had to buy a snake nut and bolt cuz I couldn't get the one to fit in the front bottom side of the bracket.

That helps a little bit, is there any reason why the reroute to the back of the motor instead of leaving it where it was originally?

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

They claim to get coolant back to those cylinders. For the life of me I have no idea. It's the only egr delete kit that does it in my research of me scratching my head during the install. I finally went off of sinister diesels install to help out in finishing it.

10. Thanks Doc thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Djfundamentalz;129681]They claim to get coolant back to those cylinders. For the life of me I have no idea. It's the only egr delete kit that does it in my research of me scratching my head during the install. I finally went off of sinister diesels install to help out in finishing it.

That's where I was at last night when I quite, everyone else just hooks it up right where it is. *** is the only one so far that ive found that re routes it to the back of the motor. didnt know if there was any benefit of moving it or leaving it in the factory spot.

12. Top Of Page | #8

I'm sure there is. But I can't find reason to tinker with it from factory on that part. I'm sure the day I put it in the shop to have head studs and internals done they can change it then if they think it has any difference

13. Thanks Doc thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

@Djfundamentalz. Thanks for the input man I appreciate it! What did you do with the sensor that was on the exhaust that comes up off the header?

15. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

Basically stays connected but loosen it and lay it back towards the firewall them retighten and connect. 20181023_163123.jpg20181023_163112.jpg

17. Thanks Doc thanked for this post
    Likes Doc, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast