Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  45
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Start With Pictures?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

No Start With Pictures?

Occasionally when I go to start my truck it won't start, and the transmission range indicator lights are all on and green except the reverse position which is red. The trailer brake controller also flashes an error CF. If I turn the key off and go to start it again it will start right back up. Any ideas about what's going on here?

2012 Ram 3500 crew cab 4x4 auto deleted Mini Maxx studded on 35's

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

No Start With Pictures?

Man, that stinks. I hate electrical problems. I'd start with having the batteries load tested or if still the original, replace them. And see how it goes.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

No Start With Pictures?

Any codes?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

No Start With Pictures?

More than likely there will be a code in one of the modules as to why the truck did what it did. It may not be in the ecm so you may have to find someone with a scan tool to scan all of the modules. All depends on the situation. Also in case anyone else reads this. Is it a crank no start. Or a no crank condition?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No Start With Pictures?

Scanning with my MiniMax I get nothing. It is a no crank.

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

No Start With Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by JSPulliam21 View Post
    Scanning with my MiniMax I get nothing. It is a no crank.

Gotcha. Maybe a bad connection. Just something simple to check. Of course as already said test your batteries. May also be a case where it's not recognizing the key at first. Also have you got any aftermarket alarms or aftermarket remote start hooked up? I've seen a plenty of cases where they will make vehicles to some funky stuff. Especially no starts.

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

No Start With Pictures?

I do not have an aftermarket alarm but I have considered that it might be it an issue recognizing the key sometimes. I almost never let the grid heater cycle if it's relatively warm outside. I just get in and turn the key to start . Are there any known issues with signal between the key and whatever module it communicates with?

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

No Start With Pictures?

I do not have an aftermarket alarm but I have considered that it might be it an issue recognizing the key sometimes. I almost never let the grid heater cycle if it's relatively warm outside. I just get in and turn the key to start . Are there any known issues with signal between the key and whatever module it communicates with?

On these trucks I'm not so sure. But there for awhile Chrysler was having a bunch of issues with the ignition recognizing the key. The part has a crazy name I cant remember. Alot of times the same part will be used in multiple vehicles. The reason I brought that up. If it was a key issue it would definately have a code stored somewhere. More than likely not in the ecm. Thats what sucks is the manufacturers make it nearly impossible for the do it at home guys to diagnose without professional diag tools. I would definately get someone to do a code scan of all the modules if the batteries and connections check out. More than likely you will get a starting point or an answer from it. If your in the triad area in nc. I might could help ya out with that.

16. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

No Start With Pictures?

I do have several keys so I will try another one and see if it reoccurs. I will also try to wait for the wait to start light to go out and see if it is just me being too fast for the NFC to work. I am not in NC, but thanks for the offer.

18. Likes Power247, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

No Start With Pictures?

I do have several keys so I will try another one and see if it reoccurs. I will also try to wait for the wait to start light to go out and see if it is just me being too fast for the NFC to work. I am not in NC, but thanks for the offer.

Absolutely not a problem. That's a good idea. I will check online tomarrow and see what some of the top hits for an intermittant no start are. See if we cant figure something out. Make sure once you figure it out to post what the fix was. Theres way too many threads where there was no fix ever posted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast