Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good reason to buy a cummins.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Good reason to buy a cummins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Oh yeah absolutely. Reckon time will tell. I dont rhink Chrysler will make it so ridiculously hard. I'm actually surprised they havent made an srt6 model in the cummins with how into powerful cars they are now. People would eat it up. It's just crazy how fast things change. 21 years ago a cummins was all mechanical LOL.
    They won't either. Chrysler doesn't want to embarrass the 6.4 Hemi

Can you imagine a 2500 Hell Cat?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    They won't either. Chrysler doesn't want to embarrass the 6.4 Hemi

Can you imagine a 2500 Hell Cat?
    Haha itd be pretty wicked. It would probably be a pretty hard sell though. A 700 hp truck that gets 9 mpg. I know they dont want to embarrass their gas engines. But if they was to do it the srt6 would be the seller. Daggum 600hp 1100tq. (I'm just throwing numbers). And much better fuel mileage. Idk though theres alot of people who is afraid of diesels too. I wouldnt put it past them to do something like it. I mean they did the srt10 ram truck. I think anytime you got 10 cylinders it's a nighmare

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Likes Power247 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Haha itd be pretty wicked. It would probably be a pretty hard sell though. A 700 hp truck that gets 9 mpg. I know they dont want to embarrass their gas engines. But if they was to do it the srt6 would be the seller. Daggum 600hp 1100tq. (I'm just throwing numbers). And much better fuel mileage. Idk though theres alot of people who is afraid of diesels too. I wouldnt put it past them to do something like it. I mean they did the srt10 ram truck. I think anytime you got 10 cylinders it's a nighmare
    Just on what you said, they'd probably sell a ton of them. People want the speed. Back in the 5.9 days, when the SRT10 was introduced, there wasn't that much difference in the torque on the 10 cylinder vs: the 6 cyl. I don't remember the numbers, but they were close. Look at how many 10's were sold. Right around here I can see maybe 10. Many of them are still in pristine condition. The 6.7 is 409 cubes. The hellcat is 426. 1000 HP is easy on a 6.7. That's about 1800 Ft Lbs of torque. How much does the Hellcat Challenger have?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

If they did it they'd have to get Revmax or BD to build the trans! LOL!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Just on what you said, they'd probably sell a ton of them. People want the speed. Back in the 5.9 days, when the SRT10 was introduced, there wasn't that much difference in the torque on the 10 cylinder vs: the 6 cyl. I don't remember the numbers, but they were close. Look at how many 10's were sold. Right around here I can see maybe 10. Many of them are still in pristine condition. The 6.7 is 409 cubes. The hellcat is 426. 1000 HP is easy on a 6.7. That's about 1800 Ft Lbs of torque. How much does the Hellcat Challenger have?
    Like 707 hp. But not sure on the torque. I mean just think about it they really wouldnt even have to beef up anything but the engine n trans. I think with how big the truck market is nowadays. You know they are thinking about it and if they aren't they need to be. LOL. They would definately need an outside company to build the transmissions for them @Power247 I bet even with 700 wheel. You could grenade a 68RFE right quick

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12