Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: School Me On Deleting Please

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

School Me On Deleting Please

I've owned my 2017 Ram 2500 Tradesman for some time now. Have a little over 20K miles on it and love the truck. But I honestly don't know much about diesel engines. I do wrench on my own truck and try to learn as much as I can before jumping to it. At some point I'd like to do a delete of some sort just not sure exactly what to do. What are the different types of deletes available and what is the most recommended? Not looking to make crazy power just want to have a cleaner, more efficient running truck to last me a long time. Any advice will be much appreciated.

2. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: School Me On Deleting Please

Around here, the highest recommendation will most certainly go to Double R Diesel for tuning. After that it's your preference in delete kits, just don't cheap out on the parts. You can actually leave most of the hard parts intact, with the exception of the exhaust. Take a look around the forum here, lots of great ideas and of course opinions.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: School Me On Deleting Please

I'm in the same boat you are. Just really getting started with learning about diesels. I thought there was a ton of informative info in Double R Diesels youtube page.
    I watched every video on there which eventually got me here.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmk...kBGfcHu7x8aEng

2018 Ram 3500