Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need your advice on oil pan torque specs

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Need your advice on oil pan torque specs

Hey guys im brand new to the site, looks awesome! but My 95 12v is in need of an oil pan gasket and oil pan as well. I have a genuine cummins part pan gasket (oil pick up tube gasket too) and a brand new oil pan from genosgarage.com. My pan is all dented up from when the previous owner had it. Ive read many different ways to torque an oil pan, but i figured i would just ask for myself what a good torque pattern is so i can do it right the first time without splitting the gasket. Ive read to torque anywhere between 15-18lbs. Some places say to go a little more that finger tight on all four corners, then start in the middle and crisscross your way outwards. Whats yalls advice? Thanks!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

When I do oil pan gaskets I put all the bolts on finger tight then criss cross back and forth to the correct Torq specs.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CRZTRBO View Post
    When I do oil pan gaskets I put all the bolts on finger tight then criss cross back and forth to the correct Torq specs.
    Thanks for the reply! When you start torquing, lets say the torque specs are 18lbs, do you do them all to like say 12 lbs then go back and go to 15 lbs an then 18 or do you do it all at one time? Thanks

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CoalRollinCole29 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! When you start torquing, lets say the torque specs are 18lbs, do you do them all to like say 12 lbs then go back and go to 15 lbs an then 18 or do you do it all at one time? Thanks
    That will do!

"The grass is greener where you water it"