Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk about uh-oh (and shes my only ride)

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Talk about uh-oh (and shes my only ride)

(2006 with G56, mostly stock) As some of you know, i was lookkng at injector upgrades (went with the BBI stage 1s)
    Process went well until tightening wire nuts on studs. 1 stud broke (will upload pic after this main post) thought i found a way to rig it, failed, got a more solid connection but she still runs like kaka. I drop 0 psi at rail with any throttle,constant haising of unburnt fuel from exhaust, even at idle, runs like **** and dies frequent. Im in a serious pinch because shes my only ride, and i need any help i can so i can figure this out. You guys have never let me down yet. Thank you kn advanced to anyone who helps!!!

2. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Talk about uh-oh (and shes my only ride)

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Will upload pictures of my attempted band aid after work

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Classy-or-nasty View Post
    Will upload pictures of my attempted band aid after work
    Shew thats a rough situation. I would say anything you do to fix the stud will be just a bandaid. Maybe take the nut off the eyelet. Since it looks to have a pretty hefty spacer below it. And then try a different nut? It looks like you've got a little stud there to work with.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Shew thats a rough situation. I would say anything you do to fix the stud will be just a bandaid. Maybe take the nut off the eyelet. Since it looks to have a pretty hefty spacer below it. And then try a different nut? It looks like you've got a little stud there to work with.
    Well thats exactly what my bandaid was... cleaned all the contact surfaces very well too...

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Well thats exactly what my bandaid was... cleaned all the contact surfaces very well too...
    Dang and no good?. Youd think even tho the stud is broken as long as it had good contact it would be fine. Ive never put injectors in a diesel but isnt it pretty normal for them to run like trash for a bit after replacing them? How long did you let it run?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Dang and no good?. Youd think even tho the stud is broken as long as it had good contact it would be fine. Ive never put injectors in a diesel but isnt it pretty normal for them to run like trash for a bit after replacing them? How long did you let it run?
    Could be possible? But nothing ive known of or read on... the band aid did improve how she ran as compaired the first attemot, but stoll running like sh** compared to normal. But new injector funk shouldnt cause such a low fuel pressure, or i wouldnt think so..
    Oooohhh if only i had a ton of money to bring her to a performance shop. ??

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Could be possible? But nothing ive known of or read on... the band aid did improve how she ran as compaired the first attemot, but stoll running like sh** compared to normal. But new injector funk shouldnt cause such a low fuel pressure, or i wouldnt think so..
    Oooohhh if only i had a ton of money to bring her to a performance shop. ??
    You would think air in the system would though. Which happens when you do injectors. How long did you have the truck running total with the new injectors?as long as your connection was tight and making good contact that should be fine.

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

You would think air in the system would though. Which happens when you do injectors. How long did you have the truck running total with the new injectors?as long as your connection was tight and making good contact that should be fine.
    The grand total is less than 15 minutes... if even 10 minutes... but im scared to push her and goof something even further..
    What kind of run time does it take in your exoerience?

18. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

The grand total is less than 15 minutes... if even 10 minutes... but im scared to push her and goof something even further..
    What kind of run time does it take in your exoerience?
    I completely understand that LOL. So I've never done injectors. And you would think 10 mins would be enough. I would just double check all your work. Make sure that connection is good and tight. Put it back together and let it run. I dont rhink that connection would cause your tail pressure to drop out. I'm bettin there is just a bunch of air in the system. Hopefully someone else with a little more experience will chime in. But if it was me and it was my truck I would let her run a bit. And see if it starts to clear up. I have been told before a half hour.

20. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast