User Info Menu

Re: 2015 G56 swap won’t start

Sorry I can look shortly on all data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John Crosby View Post
    No. Just a G56 swap. I already have the new G56 tune installed. But it’s not registering the clutch being depressed to allow starter to engage
    Have you tried jumping the connector to rule out a bad clutch pedal position sensor? I'm assuming that the parts are used?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KeepEmRollin14 View Post
    Sorry I can look shortly on all data

Nice I wish I had access at home. It would be nice if we had wiring diagram for both the G56 and the 68RFE.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

5. Top Of Page | #24

Safety switch has been eleminated. Tried wiring pin4 from auto trans connector to ground. Nothing. Then tried to wire pin4 to one side of switch and other side to ground. Still nothing.

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Safety switch has been eleminated. Tried wiring pin4 from auto trans connector to ground. Nothing. Then tried to wire pin4 to one side of switch and other side to ground. Still nothing.
    http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...d.php?t=170889 according to this write up all you need for it to start is ground pin 4. Unless the 15s ars different from a 12

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #26

Yea. I read that exact forum page as well. And I’ve done that with no luck. Any way it could be something in the new program?

9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Yea. I read that exact forum page as well. And I’ve done that with no luck. Any way it could be something in the new program?
    You wouldn't think so. So when trying to start the truck does the cluster and everything light up?Then when you try to start it you've got nothing no clicks at all? Earlier you said you had power to the starter was that a typo? All plugs and grounds connected and clean? Not sure if any grounds even needed to be taken off or if they use a bell housing bolt for ground. But I've had a bad ground to the engine before cause a no crank condition. From what I've read about these swaps in the past hour it has got to be something simple.

10. Top Of Page | #28

So it doesn’t click or anything. I have all the lights and everything showing to depress clutch and press start. I have power at the starter but it does nothing. I’m in agreeable it’s something simple but I just can’t put my finger on what it is. Been tryin to figure it out since yesterday.

11. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

So it doesn’t click or anything. I have all the lights and everything showing to depress clutch and press start. I have power at the starter but it does nothing. I’m in agreeable it’s something simple but I just can’t put my finger on what it is. Been tryin to figure it out since yesterday.
    Have you got a power probe? You could manually apply power to the starter and see if it turns. Check for good ground also. See a bad engine ground you would have lights and all. Did you have any engine grounds off?

12. Top Of Page | #30
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Ill see if I can post diagrams in a few

13. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast