Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Airbag light on, Squib code?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Airbag light on, Squib code?

My airbag light keeps going on and off and is starting to drive me nuts. I pulled the code and got the following:

B000113 Driver Frontal Squib 1 Control Circuit open

Any ideas on how to fix? Found the code but no other info in the service manual. (oh and squibs are apparently the charges that set off the airbag based on what I found on Google)

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Airbag light on, Squib code?

Quote Originally Posted by RT76 View Post
    My airbag light keeps going on and off and is starting to drive me nuts. I pulled the code and got the following:

B000113 Driver Frontal Squib 1 Control Circuit open

Any ideas on how to fix? Found the code but no other info in the service manual. (oh and squibs are apparently the charges that set off the airbag based on what I found on Google)
    Sounds like a short in the air bag sensor. If it’s under warranty I would get it fixed

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

its a 2014 so not under warranty. any idea what sensor?

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RT76 View Post
    its a 2014 so not under warranty. any idea what sensor?
    I’m taking a stab at it here and by no means am I an expert, the front bumper has two sensors behind it.
    Both sensors have to be activated during a crash before the airbags will deploy. You also have sensors for the side and curtain airbags also. You may have to take it to the dealership and they can tell you exactly which sensor is bad. Best of luck to you friend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

FCA has an airbag recall T25. I still need to take mine 2013 in. Maybe that has something to do with it?

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post