Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  76
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Intake Horn/Manifold

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Do you really gain that much more with just the horn?

Wouldn't the stock inter cooler and piping be restrictive and defeat the gains of the horn.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by chelan41 View Post
    Do you really gain that much more with just the horn?

Wouldn't the stock inter cooler and piping be restrictive and defeat the gains of the horn.
    Depends who you ask. With my mods claimed gains, I now have 10,000 hp and get 40 mpg. LOL. Take it with a grain of salt. Some say quicker spool, but I didn't notice anything. The stock manifold and VGT is the bottle neck. IMO.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Here is what I have learned from real world experience on lowering egts My last truck was a 01 5.9 Cummings I pulled a 25' goose neck flat deck trailer on regular basis loaded 16,000lbs class A lisc. My truck pulling hills on regular basis would run high egts 1350 even on flat ground passing I would run that. So I decided to look to lower egt. I put on banks monster horn better inter cooler (mishimoto) and radiator. Bigger turbo, matched and honed 50 over injectors, airdog 165gph fuel pump firepunk built VP44 built trans all billet internals and sun coast torque converter with extra capacity finned pan for cooling. 5" banks monster exhaust turbo back, head ringed and 625 studs. Electric fan on trans cooler. My next step was going to be duel electric fans on radiator to pull more air in. But my computer on side of engin went out. Was given price quote of $ 3000 to $6000 depending upon what it took out if anything other than computer. Oh I had 3.55 gears gearing was some of the issues I know. Wife said no more money,Buy new. I had 300,000 on truck. I still with all that work done could not lower egts in less I just dropped my foot off the accelerator and didnt try to maintain 65mph going up 6 and 7% grades . Most trucks are sold with the 3.42 gears in less you specify you want 4.10, 3.73 you get 3.42 gears if someone else has the answers on lowering egts besides watermeth injection I would be very interested.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by flanagan View Post
    I wonder how much the EGT's will drop?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    How many * are you looking to drop?

For the cost of those parts and time to install even by yourself you could likely get into a turbo or watermeth that will be more cost effective and help achieve/beat your end goal.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

Intake Horn/Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    To answer your question, I will not buy from a liar. I can't see any reason why you would either. If you want to buy the banks, it's your truck. You opened the can of snakes and the majority of those in the know have shared.

I cannot trust the guy. And I personally have been burned by them twice.

Nobody mentioned BD. There's some real engineering

I agree BD is coming a long way, all their parts are top notch, I got a free AFE intake so went that route on intake but I'll continue buying BD parts.

They sell so much for these trucks it's incredible.

2018 2500, G56, SSSB3600, Arp625 Head studs, Arp Manifold studs,BD Diesel FMW 467.7 2nd gen swapped, MM3 Custom tuning by Ray, Ceramic Pro Gold, Toyo Mt 33x12.50x20, Hostile Sprocket 20x10 -19, Fass 165, DDP 150 sticks,10mm exergy stroker pump, Bd Throttle Booster, Money Pit! The fass165 150 sticks and 10mm pump did ok but was running out of rail for anyone interested. It's now gonna have DDP 100%'s, DDP 12mm pump and a FASS 250gph

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

I already have a stainless 465 2nd gin kit and BD exhaust brake

I would like to lower EGTS 300 or so.

IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191112/868bd119f1b11550706baad45633c6e4.jpg[/IMG]

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Twalt1687 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    To answer your question, I will not buy from a liar. I can't see any reason why you would either. If you want to buy the banks, it's your truck. You opened the can of snakes and the majority of those in the know have shared.

I cannot trust the guy. And I personally have been burned by them twice.

Nobody mentioned BD. There's some real engineering
    Sorry to hear you were burned by banks, but firepunk diesel only uses banks and they make over 1500+hp on the dyno, If banks was so terrible why would they use banks?

I know your probably going to say that banks endorsed them or whatever but the numbers don’t lie.

They also would not have covered the banks name if they were endorsed by banks, pretty sure they use it because it works.

Here is a pick of the banks intake horn on their truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #38

Intake Horn/Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by flanagan View Post
    I already have a stainless 465 2nd gin kit and BD exhauset brake
    I would like to lower EGTS 300 or so https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d45633c6e4.jpg

How do you like the bd exhaust brake in the mix?

2018 2500, G56, SSSB3600, Arp625 Head studs, Arp Manifold studs,BD Diesel FMW 467.7 2nd gen swapped, MM3 Custom tuning by Ray, Ceramic Pro Gold, Toyo Mt 33x12.50x20, Hostile Sprocket 20x10 -19, Fass 165, DDP 150 sticks,10mm exergy stroker pump, Bd Throttle Booster, Money Pit! The fass165 150 sticks and 10mm pump did ok but was running out of rail for anyone interested. It's now gonna have DDP 100%'s, DDP 12mm pump and a FASS 250gph

16. Likes InlineSix.7, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

I like it a lot but it cuts out at about 20 mph about the same as stock.

But it holds the truck back real nice.

18. Likes watersupply189, Power247, Twalt1687 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Waiting on the charge cooler

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast