Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  76
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intake Horn/Manifold

1. Top Of Page | #1

Intake Horn/Manifold

Looking to clean up the engine bay by doing a EGR delete (have the deviant race parts for that) and then a intake horn.

Curious which one is the preferred?

I am leaning towards the BD which the optional air inlet heater as if i delete the grid heater it would be nice (Live in ND)

Is meth injection still a popular thing? as this would have ports for a nozzle, always thought I should of done it to my 2010 with H&S tuner as it would always defuel due to high EGT temps.

The vehicle is a 2018 6.7L 2500 pick up.

Thanks

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Jaxonsram liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Banks monster ram is the only one I would recommend after looking at the shootout banks did. Check it out on youtube it will make you think twice about ordering other intake horns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, King1013 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

I also live in ND and I know it’ll start without the heater, but I just can’t get myself to delete it. How much snow did you get where you’re at?

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by KeepEmRollin14 View Post
    Banks monster ram is the only one I would recommend after looking at the shootout banks did. Check it out on youtube it will make you think twice about ordering other intake horns.

I agree, the Banks intake horn is where its at but from what I’ve found out recently, many members on here are not fans of his products or of him in general.

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

8. Likes Twalt1687 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Fans or not research doesnt lie and neither does his testing. Not saying you wint get gains but price per horsepower gain is better with banks products with the exception of a few things

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Fans or not research doesnt lie and neither does his testing. Not saying you wint get gains but price per horsepower gain is better with banks products with the exception of a few things

His testing? Sorry I have first hand experience he lies. Especially his air horns. I saw the results myself. One of the reasons I am so dead against his propaganda. The best BS get's the order. It just so happens Shibby Engineering was the top performer, with his remote heater. It was done a couple of years ago by an independent lab, sponsored by one of the diesel magazines . I saw the results because I was doing BETA testing for Shibby a couple of years before that. I think Shibby was the 2nd or 3rd offering in the market back when all this started with EGR.. Ray at DRD has it and @Dude's Diesel Performance. has it. @74Beeper is right. Not allot of guys like their stuff here. I've had first hand experience with their BS with the intercoolers. @mudracer Stay with the BD or look at the shibby with the remote.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Thanks AKram2500, Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Shibby engineering as well as Glacier Diesel Power is one of our top ones. The banks is a pretty good one which i have ran for a few years.

My top sellers are Shibby and GDP. Both are fantastic guys to work with as well!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

I just recently installed the GDP intake horn, grid heater delete and throttle valve grid heater. I purchased everything from Dudes Diesel Performance and recommend going through him since his customer service was excellent. I did my deletes and tuning(Double R Diesel-recommended for tuning) the same time installing those components with my truck being over 100K miles. Have i noticed any major gains through just those components alone, maybe slightly lower EGTs but mostly no. The major decision for installing those components were efficiency in the work I was performing for a quicker turn around with my truck. As many will state on this site or any other site the intake system on these trucks from the factory are for at least 500Hp if not more.

2012 CCSB, DRD Tuning, 5"Flo-Pro, RPI Intake, Pusher Boost Tubes, GDP Grid Heater Delete, GDP Intake Manifold, GDP TV Heater

15. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

PZ9lBV4GQsiWruDcxeA5HQ.jpg

So this is a Pusher knock off. Thought I was buying a used pusher at the time. This was off eBay. It's actually stainless, and works great. No fitment issues. Sealed fine. And I like the welded drag race look, so I didn't paint it or clear coat it. BTW, Banks is overrated and over priced, unless your going BIG power. It has additional ports underneath.

2019 Ram Laramie 3500 Black Forest Green, Harmon Kardon sound, rear air susp., fifth wheel prep, 6.7 Cummins HO, AirRaid filter, WeatherTech mats, HAVOC HS3 nerfsteps, B&W Tow and Stow, B&W 25k Companion, RockTamers, spray in liner, Access roll-up, Mopar bugshield and Gatorback splash guards.

17. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Power247, nuckle liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Stay away from Banks all hype and total BS

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast