Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: HotShot Diesel Extreme - Fixed a major concern (I think)- Comments are welcome

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

HotShot Diesel Extreme - Fixed a major concern (I think)- Comments are welcome

So over the past 2 week or so I have had an issue with my 2016 2500 6.7 going through Active Regens every day or so (less than 100miles between regins). It would come on and progress down to 70% and then indicate it was complete. I searched forums and looked all over for a reason/fix. I researched delete options, sensor/differential replacements, etc. I live in a county in Tennessee that still requires emission testing so the full delete option was going to cause a hassle the next time I had to run through the fleecing of the testing process. I found information on HotShot Diesel Extreme and searched as many reviews as I could to make sure to be at least educated on the product. I could not find anything negative and considering my truck had gone through so many Regens without completing that the number of attempts had tripped the CEL P2459 that I gave it a try. I bought a bottle with enough doses (32oz) to treat 4 full tanks. I got a bit carried away when adding it to the fuel system and well I will be honest, I added the whole bottle. Felt stupid, but at that point considering the regins I was ready to take it to the dealer and let them bend me over to fix/replace the DPF or whatever it took.

So long story short, I have not had a regin in over 500 miles (spent a lot of time moving a storage unit from one side of town to the other) and the CEL went off all by itself after less than half a tank. I did fill it back up at that point to cut the heavy dosage and I am shocked by the results thus far.

After spending so much time looking into solutions I can only think of a few possible reasons why I had the issue. I am running an S&B cold air intake as well as a STEALTH module (set @60hp) increase. I figure the increase in air flow combined with the increase in the fuel rail pressure/injector spray caused the motor to either run dirty or at least enough for the DPF differential to trigger pressure readings that sparked the regins. From my understanding Diesel Extreme incapsulates the fuel molecules to allow for cleaner burning fuel and less soot. It also claims to remove heavy deposits from injectors that cause poor fuel delivery. It is recommended for use every 6,000 miles or twice a year.

My plan is to keep monitoring the progress and I will keep the tread updated as I get more miles down the road. So far I am shocked at the results.

Any information or comments are welcomed. Hope this helps someone who is as concerned as I was when I felt like I was doing damage everytime I heard that damn chime.

2016 RAM 2500 4x4 Laramie - Carli 2.5 Leveling Springs, Carli Sway Bar, Carli Front Track Bar, Fox 2.0 shocks, BDS Steering stabilizer with FOX 2.0's, Rough Country steering brace, AMP power boards, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, BORA 1.75 wheel spacers, Bushwacker finder flares, Bushwacker rocker panel guards, Tough Guard form fitting hood protector, Retax bed cover, Firestone load handling air bags, S&B cold air intake, aFe hot side inner cooler tube, STEALTH module, Infinity tweets-JL Audio dash/rear doors-Rockford Fosgate sub-woofer.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: HotShot Diesel Extreme - Fixed a major concern (I think)- Comments are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Gratefuldenglish View Post
    So over the past 2 week or so I have had an issue with my 2016 2500 6.7 going through Active Regens every day or so (less than 100miles between regins). It would come on and progress down to 70% and then indicate it was complete. I searched forums and looked all over for a reason/fix. I researched delete options, sensor/differential replacements, etc. I live in a county in Tennessee that still requires emission testing so the full delete option was going to cause a hassle the next time I had to run through the fleecing of the testing process. I found information on HotShot Diesel Extreme and searched as many reviews as I could to make sure to be at least educated on the product. I could not find anything negative and considering my truck had gone through so many Regens without completing that the number of attempts had tripped the CEL P2459 that I gave it a try. I bought a bottle with enough doses (32oz) to treat 4 full tanks. I got a bit carried away when adding it to the fuel system and well I will be honest, I added the whole bottle. Felt stupid, but at that point considering the regins I was ready to take it to the dealer and let them bend me over to fix/replace the DPF or whatever it took.

So long story short, I have not had a regin in over 500 miles (spent a lot of time moving a storage unit from one side of town to the other) and the CEL went off all by itself after less than half a tank. I did fill it back up at that point to cut the heavy dosage and I am shocked by the results thus far.

After spending so much time looking into solutions I can only think of a few possible reasons why I had the issue. I am running an S&B cold air intake as well as a STEALTH module (set @60hp) increase. I figure the increase in air flow combined with the increase in the fuel rail pressure/injector spray caused the motor to either run dirty or at least enough for the DPF differential to trigger pressure readings that sparked the regins. From my understanding Diesel Extreme incapsulates the fuel molecules to allow for cleaner burning fuel and less soot. It also claims to remove heavy deposits from injectors that cause poor fuel delivery. It is recommended for use every 6,000 miles or twice a year.

My plan is to keep monitoring the progress and I will keep the tread updated as I get more miles down the road. So far I am shocked at the results.

Any information or comments are welcomed. Hope this helps someone who is as concerned as I was when I felt like I was doing damage everytime I heard that damn chime.
    Good stuff to know. I've got a 16 also. And it has never did a Regen in the past year and 16k miles that I've owned it.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post