Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  40
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adding power adjustable pedals

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Adding power adjustable pedals

I spoke with a buddy who works a dodge dealership. He looked up the schematic and parts and it showed I would have to buy a whole new ECU bc he can’t find a “hidden” plug like the brake controller and some other options (where the wiring is pushed in the back). He told it was like $1600 for the ecu, pedals, and pedal button.

I HOPE we can find him wrong. LOL

2017 2500 Laramie 6.7 | 68RFE | 6” BDS Lift/FOX Shocks | 37’s | 3.73s | soon to come...deletes, tunes, and trans stuff

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Bubba....I pasted below a post from another forum made by a member there. Its in a thread that is about a program that allows access to the BCM so you can add options to your Ram. Adding power pedals would require changes to the BCM, the program that does this is called Alpha OBD. I did not want to violate forum rules and post a link to the thread. So after reading the below and you are interested in knowing more reach out to me and I will send you a link privately.

Have you come across a schematic which has wire and can connection for the power adjustable pedals?

I have purchased a complete power pedal assembly from ebay 2 months ago for cheap from a 2016 RAM 1500, I thought that for the price, I may as well give it a shot.
    After receiving the package, I removed the throttle assembly, disconnected the factory throttle, plugged in the new throttle assembly and it worked 100%
    The throttle assembly for the power adjustable pedals is a different part number and manufactured different, its at a different angle.
    So I proceeded to remove the factory assembly and install.
    Install went very easy, I even found 2 loose bolts above the steering column from the factory (hence, the slightly loose steering column which moved up and down a bit)
    I installed a new power adjustable pedal switch purchased from the dealership and the power adjustable pedals worked with the switch immediately..

The switch on the steering column has 4 wires connecting from the harness, power, ground and 2 power out feeds
    The switch is simple the power in feeds the power out through the 2 wires to the pedal assembly in both directions depending on switch operation.
    It feeds polarity both ways through the 2 wires to drive the motor forward and reverse to move the pedal assembly up or down.

Where my factory vehicle harness connects to the driver (motor) on the pedal assembly, I only have 2 wires (forward or reverse polarity)
    The pedal assembly side has 3 wires at the connector, 2 power and one which is black I believe (going by memory from installing a month ago) that is NOT connected

I have downloaded many electrical diagrams for 2013 - 2015 ram 2500, but I cannot find any in particular dedicated to the power adjustable pedals that refer to the memory***

I have played around with setting the following in ALFAOBD with Obdlink MX BT:

1) Adjustable Pedal Motor Relay Output Present: Set/Not set
    2) Adjustable Pedals Present (Non-memory): Set/Not Set
    3) Adjustable Pedal Feature Present (non-Memory): Set/Not set
    4) Memory Adjustable Pedals Present: Set/Not set

The adjustment switch on the steering column still works even if ALL setting are (Not Set)

I am trying to see if I can get the memory function to work with the adjustable pedals...

THE FOLLOWING CAN BE USED TO TEST YOUR SEATS

In ALFAOBD (with Obdlink MX), Connect to the Driver Seat -> Memory Seat Module -> Seat/Steering Column/ and Pedal Adjustment and I have 6 Options to select from:

1) Position Horizontal Adjustment - (moves power seat forward or backward) tested and working
    2) Position Vertical Rear - (moves rear of seat up or down) tested and working
    3) Position Recliner - (reclines seat down or up) tested and working
    4) Position Vertical Front - (moves front of seat up or down) tested and working
    5) Pedal Position - (should move adjustable pedals up or down)***
    6) Steering Column Position - (unable to test or verify with RAM 2500)

I am looking for a BUS connection near the power pedals to connect to the memory seat module

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

4. Thanks bubba88, BrentM thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, BrentM liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Adding power adjustable pedals

Good info man!! I couldn’t see the photos but I’ll PM you my email and you can send me the link if that works. You’re a life saver if this all works on my truck! Haha

*edit - I’m getting an error saying you’ve got too many messages stored. Shoot me a PM when you can*

2017 2500 Laramie 6.7 | 68RFE | 6” BDS Lift/FOX Shocks | 37’s | 3.73s | soon to come...deletes, tunes, and trans stuff

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Try it again, I deleted some messages to make room

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I got the same message about your message box being full. Can you send me a message with the link please?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Check your email.......

12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Got it thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

13. Top Of Page | #18

i have a 2012 I just picked up a set of adjustable pedals that are for my year however i can see where everything plugs in with the exception of the hose/cable on the brake I've attached a photo, any suggestions would be great

Attached Images Attached Images

14. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

SA6179 I looked further at the post and my question might be answered here but not positive it just appears that you would twist the end of the black cable/hose

Where my factory vehicle harness connects to the driver (motor) on the pedal assembly, I only have 2 wires (forward or reverse polarity)
    The pedal assembly side has 3 wires at the connector, 2 power and one which is black I believe (going by memory from installing a month ago) that is NOT connected

16. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #20

ok the hose that I was befuddled with actually loops back toward the throttle and there is a place it pops onto that sits on the bracket I couldn't tell at first but we got it so no questions as to where everything goes now the part number I referred to should work for 10 11 12 years

Attached Images Attached Images

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast