Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Everywhere

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel Everywhere

I currently have a 2014 Ram 2500. Tonight I had my Fass 165 fuel system finished being installed. First thing I noticed different was the sound in the truck. Sounded a lot louder and more aggressive. Next I noticed the fuel pressure reading in the high 20s. I drove about 2 miles down the road and started seeing a lot of smoke and smelling diesel. I noticed then tons of fuel was pouring out from under the hood on the passenger side of the truck. I drove two miles back to my house and cut it off. I have the S&B CVV Bypass on my truck and when I crunk it back up I noticed fuel squirting out of the filter. Can someone tell me what has happened and what to do to fix it?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by BaucomCameron View Post
    I currently have a 2014 Ram 2500. Tonight I had my Fass 165 fuel system finished being installed. First thing I noticed different was the sound in the truck. Sounded a lot louder and more aggressive. Next I noticed the fuel pressure reading in the high 20s. I drove about 2 miles down the road and started seeing a lot of smoke and smelling diesel. I noticed then tons of fuel was pouring out from under the hood on the passenger side of the truck. I drove two miles back to my house and cut it off. I have the S&B CVV Bypass on my truck and when I crunk it back up I noticed fuel squirting out of the filter. Can someone tell me what has happened and what to do to fix it?
    That's virtually impossible unless you did something wrong. did you get any fuel in the crankcase?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Idk yet. The guy crimped the factory hose on the tank cause it was leaking alittle bit of fuel so did that back up the system?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Idk yet. The guy crimped the factory hose on the tank cause it was leaking alittle bit of fuel so did that back up the system?
    factory hose? Draw hose or return hose?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    factory hose? Draw hose or return hose?
    This is starting to sound real bad Al

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

How is the oil level? I just went through this on a 3.8L 4cyl cummins

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Factory line.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Factory line.
    factory suction line, or return line? How is the oil level?

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    factory suction line, or return line? How is the oil level?
    I have that pry bar here somewhere. C U Tomorrow

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Return and fine no previous issues and no oil leak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast