Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW Firmware update WOW!!!!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

NEW Firmware update WOW!!!!

So I had some issues with my MM3 having an SD card error, it would NOT allow me to change any of the RT tunes. The tuner was then defaulted back to the 30 hp tune. So I contacted Ray through email on Sunday afternoon and buy 9:00 am Monday morning I had a reply from Ray saying it sounded like my SD card went bad. So I ordered a new SD card with the NEW firmware updates along with the re-tune switch option from Ray. Within minutes my order was completed and Ray had it shipped out with a tracking number all with in an hour after placing the order. WOW you talk about customer service, RAY is the best there is. Two day latter my SD card arrived in mail.

After doing the simple SD card update on my MM3 I was up and running. OK so now to the switch tunes. All I can say is the new SD card with the switch tuning is night and day difference from what I had before. Before I honestly could NOT tell the difference between 30 & 60 hp tune and the 90 & 120 felt the same also. I NEVER tried the 150 or 200. The 90& 120 were only a little more powerful then the 30&60 tunes. So I always kinda questioned if they were really different tunes or not.

So now that I have the new firmware update,the tunes now feel so much different. I can NOW feel the difference between all of them. I started with the 60 hp tune and right from the first blip of the throttle I could tell it had a lot more get up then the old 60 tune had before. The 90 tune is way, way more powerful then any other tune I ran before the re-tune. In fact before the re-tune my truck would NOT rev past 2900-3000 rpm. Now it rips up to 3500 rpm like never before. My wife and kids are like WHAT the heck ???? LOL So I'm not really sure what was going on before the re-tune, all I know is my truck has more get up then it ever has. Finally my Cummins has more seat of the pants power then my 06 Duramax LBZ ever had.

Thanks again RAY

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: NEW Firmware update WOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BmxRyde View Post
    So I had some issues with my MM3 having an SD card error, it would NOT allow me to change any of the RT tunes. The tuner was then defaulted back to the 30 hp tune. So I contacted Ray through email on Sunday afternoon and buy 9:00 am Monday morning I had a reply from Ray saying it sounded like my SD card went bad. So I ordered a new SD card with the NEW firmware updates along with the re-tune switch option from Ray. Within minutes my order was completed and Ray had it shipped out with a tracking number all with in an hour after placing the order. WOW you talk about customer service, RAY is the best there is. Two day latter my SD card arrived in mail.

After doing the simple SD card update on my MM3 I was up and running. OK so now to the switch tunes. All I can say is the new SD card with the switch tuning is night and day difference from what I had before. Before I honestly could NOT tell the difference between 30 & 60 hp tune and the 90 & 120 felt the same also. I NEVER tried the 150 or 200. The 90& 120 were only a little more powerful then the 30&60 tunes. So I always kinda questioned if they were really different tunes or not.

So now that I have the new firmware update,the tunes now feel so much different. I can NOW feel the difference between all of them. I started with the 60 hp tune and right from the first blip of the throttle I could tell it had a lot more get up then the old 60 tune had before. The 90 tune is way, way more powerful then any other tune I ran before the re-tune. In fact before the re-tune my truck would NOT rev past 2900-3000 rpm. Now it rips up to 3500 rpm like never before. My wife and kids are like WHAT the heck ???? LOL So I'm not really sure what was going on before the re-tune, all I know is my truck has more get up then it ever has. Finally my Cummins has more seat of the pants power then my 06 Duramax LBZ ever had.

Thanks again RAY
    Glad he has you all fixed up!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

3. Thanks Polaraco, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Seat of the pants. We call that a Jeans Gauge. LOL

Glad that was taken care of.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

DRD guys are the best in the biz!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ray from DRD is the best in the tuning world hands down the one and only real deal tuning platform BEST IN THE BUISNESS HANDS DOWN END OF STORY

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Bmxryde,

Completely agree and right there with you. Got the lite option back in late march. Just did the retune today and WOW. I can say now that my truck finally feels like it has a tuner. Before i couldnt tell a difference between levels.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Ray from DRD has always been spot on! Always responds in a timely manner!! Very impressed with his services! I continue to suggest his tunes to everyone i know with a Cummins!!

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, ICT LPX liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I too had the same experiences...My lite tunes from February were nothing compared to how it performs with the new switch ecu file. It's like a whole new truck! I also noticed my shifting pattern with the 68RFE is much better and seems to put the power down to the ground a lot more than before.

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I just sent Ray an email about the retunes seeming better. I didn’t get the retunes, only updated the mm3 Firmware but if they are a lot better tunes.... I’m going for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Seat of the pants. We call that a Jeans Gauge. LOL

Glad that was taken care of.
    Butt dyno!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast