Quote Originally Posted by Purn1973 View Post
I stand by my above post. Towing even a moderate load, (OP mentioned a boat and Kubota....minimum 4500lbs I'm guessing with trailer?) at 600rwhp will smoke a single disc converter pretty easily. Not to mention some mild abuse, "Something he can impress the girls with and piss off the ricers" and you're gonna wish you'd have went with a triple disc and that billet output.

To the OP, as I said, do some research and get reviews from people who actually drive a high HP street truck with a properly built 48re. Remember, do it right the first time.
I don't want to debate this. It's your opinion. You're entitled.

I've been towing 11 to 12K for years and years never lost a converter. Even a stock one. My 01 was my first automatic. 140K before the front band went. Last time I saw that truck it was a sorry case for a truck, but still had the original trans and converter. My trailer, chassis alone is 2 ton. The only reason I rebuilt my 04 was because i hit something on the road and tore out the trans pan. Damage was done in seconds. If you're tearing up torque converters, you're doing something wrong, or they are poor converters to start with. I can bet I've driven a millions in my lifetime. First trans I lost, I bought that way. 2nd real loss was the 04. This is the first truck I ever put a converter in. And that was because the previous owner overheated the trans really bad. Ahhh I could go on all day.