Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about led headlights?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Thinking about led headlights?

I just installed Heise led bulbs and had to leave off the dust shields due to the heatsinks. Am I going to have problems with condensation in the headlights now?

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rconkin View Post
    I just installed Heise led bulbs and had to leave off the dust shields due to the heatsinks. Am I going to have problems with condensation in the headlights now?
    Yes. Also, you will start to get dust building up on the insides of the lenses before long. If you plan to keep those bulbs then you need to modify the dust caps to cover up the bases.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Thanks rconkin thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Yes. Also, you will start to get dust building up on the insides of the lenses before long. If you plan to keep those bulbs then you need to modify the dust caps to cover up the bases.
    Thanks, I'm heading to Lowe's shortly to get some PVC caps to modify dustcovers on the high beams. The low beams will go back on.

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I had my headlights freeze over in a snow storm with the LED's I went back to HID's. Problem solved. Haven't touched them in 4 years

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, rconkin thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Here's what I ended up doing. Low beams fit and only had to modify covers on high beams. I did put the o-ring back on before installing.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

9. Likes AnOldBiker, Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I had my headlights freeze over in a snow storm with the LED's I went back to HID's. Problem solved. Haven't touched them in 4 years
    I had never thought about that. We don't get much snow around here, so, hopefully I'll be ok.

11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Great pvc job! Gonna have to embark on that journey soon. My V.4’s finally showed up. And $335 later, would you guess the dang 9005’s don’t fit! The lows work great. But I’m battling condensation at the moment. I even baked my headlight housing and resealed it TWICE! I had an exchange with Landon over at HeadLight Revolution. He said it fit on their ram, but for some reason they’re getting complaints from everyone about figment issues.... go figure. My first set of LED’s and I’m really happy about output. Thousands times better than halogen! What the measurement on the pvc cap?

12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rconkin View Post
    Here's what I ended up doing. Low beams fit and only had to modify covers on high beams. I did put the o-ring back on before installing.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    Nice work man!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Is that a Sig?

14. Top Of Page | #30