Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about led headlights?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Thinking about led headlights?

So I got some jdm astar led headlights from a buddy of mine. His chevy didnt like them. And for any of yall wanting brighter lights that look good. These are the ticket I like that they are an extremely bright white color. Also did the tag lights and interior lighting too. Here's a few pics. But bottom line is I am a fan.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Thinking about led headlights?

Sorry pic didnt post.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Went LED a few years ago and never looked back. Had friends told me the go HID, and I considered that, but I took my time and listen to them complain about installing and replacing the lights over a short period of time. Once installed, never had an issue with the LED's. Changed out the wife vehicle and she's happy.

Best thing since slice bread.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Thanks Dwelsh, walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, Dwelsh, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Sorry pic didnt post.
    Looks good man! I had LED headlight bulbs several years ago and while brighter than stock the light didn't reach out as far as halogens. From your pics it looks like LED bulbs have come a long way since then.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Went LED a few years ago and never looked back. Had friends told me the go HID, and I considered that, but I took my time and listen to them complain about installing and replacing the lights over a short period of time. Once installed, never had an issue with the LED's. Changed out the wife vehicle and she's happy.

Best thing since slice bread.
    Pretty hard to beat them. Hids are pretty good. But these are way less troublesome.

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Looks good man! I had LED headlight bulbs several years ago and while brighter than stock the light didn't reach out as far as halogens. From your pics it looks like LED bulbs have come a long way since then.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Thanks man. I havent really got to drive much at night with them yet. So I'm not sure how they reach out. I think they will do pretty good. But I will let you know. I feel like they have came a long way though. Just the overall design and they definately do not feel or look cheap.

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

From my experience LED is a great plug and play upgrade from factory. I run Diode Dynamics HID's in all of my vehicles. HID's normally have more distance then LED. but if you decide to go with HID go with a good brand. I have had my current set of 6K HID's for 2 years and they are still going good.(6K is the same color consistency as most LEDs) and Diode Dynamics has a 3 year warranty on their products. Hope this helps.

2019 Ram 2500. 8” FTS Lift. 38x15.50 Fury MT’s on 26x14 XF Offroad wheels.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4/Raceme Ultra with DRD WARP tunes/EGR, Throttle Valve, DPF Delete, 4'' FloPro/5'' Rough Country Lift Kit with 37's on 22" Fuel Flow

13. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Froe View Post
    From my experience LED is a great plug and play upgrade from factory. I run Diode Dynamics HID's in all of my vehicles. HID's normally have more distance then LED. but if you decide to go with HID go with a good brand. I have had my current set of 6K HID's for 2 years and they are still going good.(6K is the same color consistency as most LEDs) and Diode Dynamics has a 3 year warranty on their products. Hope this helps.
    I appreciate it man. I would say hid's are a must when you go with aftermarket headlights. Atleast until they get the led bulbs really figured out. This is my first time using led bulbs on my own vehicle LOL. Ide imagine a good set of hid's run what like 200$ or more?

15. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    I appreciate it man. I would say hid's are a must when you go with aftermarket headlights. Atleast until they get the led bulbs really figured out. This is my first time using led bulbs on my own vehicle LOL. Ide imagine a good set of hid's run what like 200$ or more?
    yea I think the HIDs ran me between 150-200$. And i have JDM fog light LED bulbs to go with it. Also I'm running switchback LED turn signals. Im not a fan of the amber bulbs so that cleans up the look a bit.

2019 Ram 2500. 8” FTS Lift. 38x15.50 Fury MT’s on 26x14 XF Offroad wheels.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4/Raceme Ultra with DRD WARP tunes/EGR, Throttle Valve, DPF Delete, 4'' FloPro/5'' Rough Country Lift Kit with 37's on 22" Fuel Flow

17. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Froe View Post
    yea I think the HIDs ran me between 150-200$. And i have JDM fog light LED bulbs to go with it. Also I'm running switchback LED turn signals. Im not a fan of the amber bulbs so that cleans up the look a bit.
    I bet them turn signals look really good. I would like to do those for sure.

19. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast