Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about led headlights?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Thinking about led headlights?

So I've finally got to drive at night with them. My low beams basically reach out the same distance as my high beams do. But the first 50 yards or so is night and day difference compared to halogen bulbs

Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Thanks man. I havent really got to drive much at night with them yet. So I'm not sure how they reach out. I think they will do pretty good. But I will let you know. I feel like they have came a long way though. Just the overall design and they definately do not feel or look cheap.
    Please report back after a few nights, I would like to hear your opinion. Especially those rainy nights...Thanks!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Please report back after a few nights, I would like to hear your opinion. Especially those rainy nights...Thanks!
    Will do. I'm curious about the rainy nights too. With the factory bulbs I couldn't see a lick. Like driving on a mirror LOL.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    So I've finally got to drive at night with them. My low beams basically reach out the same distance as my high beams do. But the first 50 yards or so is night and day difference compared to halogen bulbs

That's what I was afraid of, the distance. Can't always drive with the light bar on and my factory high beams do reach out there pretty well. They are just a bit dull and yellow. The deer around here are good size and like fleas on a dogs back. Thanks for posting the pics!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Likes david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    That's what I was afraid of, the distance. Can't always drive with the light bar on and my factory high beams do reach out there pretty well. They are just a bit dull and yellow. The deer around here are good size and like fleas on a dogs back. Thanks for posting the pics!
    Yeah man. Hopefully I'll get to drive more at night with then this weekend. And I think theres a chance of rain here too. So maybe I'll find out. My problem with nc is. There isnt any reflective stuff mixed in with the paint they use on the lines for the roads. So at night here in the rain is pretty tough LOL. Hopefully they will help

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I switched to led bulbs in the headlights in my last truck. While the light was a lot better than the halogen bulbs, the biggest issue I had was getting flashed all the time from other drivers with them adjusted to match the halogen height. When I had them adjusted to where I didn't get flashed, they weren't much better than a good set of halogen bulbs. The led bulbs in the factory quad reflector housing don't focus the light very well and apparently drivers around here have really sensitive eyes. I then switched to the morimoto led fog lights and they really improved night driving for me.

Waiting on these to get some reviews: http://www.morimotohid.com/dodge-ram-xb-led-heads.html Finally a full led replacement setup. A little pricey, but after configuring some projectors, not much difference. Plug and play with a 5 year warranty too.

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by schiene102 View Post
    I switched to led bulbs in the headlights in my last truck. While the light was a lot better than the halogen bulbs, the biggest issue I had was getting flashed all the time from other drivers with them adjusted to match the halogen height. When I had them adjusted to where I didn't get flashed, they weren't much better than a good set of halogen bulbs. The led bulbs in the factory quad reflector housing don't focus the light very well and apparently drivers around here have really sensitive eyes. I then switched to the morimoto led fog lights and they really improved night driving for me.

Waiting on these to get some reviews: http://www.morimotohid.com/dodge-ram-xb-led-heads.html Finally a full led replacement setup. A little pricey, but after configuring some projectors, not much difference. Plug and play with a 5 year warranty too.
    Those headlights are pretty sweet. High dollar though. But I feel like if your gonna buy aftermarket headlights that would be the way to go. My experience with aftermarket lights is the lighting still sucks even with hid bulbs. I bet the ones you posted are awesome. My wife's 18 Camry has factory leds and they project the light great without the blinding other drivers factor.

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I've been waiting for real led replacements to come out, hopefully they perform. If they do, will have to save some pennies up. Maybe Santa will bring one to each of my kids . My wife's new Pilot has full led and all I can say is wow. It's about time we start seeing decent led technology come to vehicles.

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I've been waiting for real led replacements to come out, hopefully they perform. If they do, will have to save some pennies up. Maybe Santa will bring one to each of my kids . My wife's new Pilot has full led and all I can say is wow. It's about time we start seeing decent led technology come to vehicles.
    Absolutely. I mean its definately happening and coming right along. And it has to be cheaper for them to make led vs factory projector hids. We replace headlights at work all the time when customers complain about moisture in them. And it isnt nothing for them to get up to 12-1300 a peice.

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Wow, those are spendy. Darn good looking though.

18. Likes Dwelsh liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast