Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 ram 2500 6.7

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2017 ram 2500 6.7

Ok guys I am going to pull the trigger and call ray over at drd for my mm3 tuner and I been hearing that you can tune the truck delete the exhaust and just unplug 4 locations on the egr and call it good .the question is what locations are those and does anyone have pics ? Also what do I do with my def tank ? Do I just unplug the censor to it and leave it there or just leave it alone since it will be inactive I am new to the deleting process but it seems pretty straight forward .i understand you time the truck first then follow with the deletes .just want some friendly step by steps if possible so I don’t miss something and throw my truck into limp mode.any advice will be much appreciated thank you everyone and god bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2017 ram 2500 6.7

Time not time sorry typo

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Tune

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

The def tank you need to drain and flush. You might be able to stick a syphoning hose in the tank and then put water in and repeat. If you dont the def will crystalize. If it were me I’d remove the tank and use the space for an air tank.

5. Likes Morgan Stuart Gregory liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

For DRD you do not need to unplug or mess with anything in the engine bay. The exhaust will need to come off at least from the down pipe back and it does have sensors that need to be unplugged. For the DEF tank I unhooked the filler neck from the tank below- there is a green tab and turn counter clock wise to unhook. I just used a shop vac and duct taped some clear hose tuning on the hose so it acted like a straw- once sucked empty I reconnected filler neck and added a gallon of distilled water and then shop vac that out. The tank holds about 4 gallons total so you can kinda guess how much needs to come out by looking in your shop vac.

I was actually curious about this as I have been running DRD for a month with everything intact under the hood and hopefully this will help us both.....

question is does anyone recommend still running block off plates even though it’s not required ? Any gains besides cleaning up the engine bay? Smashed performance has a kit for $130 and pretty much any brand can be had for $200 or less. From what I have read it is about a 2-4 hour project removing egr components.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #6
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

I would say the benefits would be eliminating areas that could potentially start leaking like the egr cooler and gaining a good bit of room.

8. Thanks Morgan Stuart Gregory thanked for this post
    Likes Morgan Stuart Gregory liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I didn't get around to doing anything with the def tank. Probably should have but no adverse effects if you don't

10. Thanks Morgan Stuart Gregory thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Capt543 View Post
    I didn't get around to doing anything with the def tank. Probably should have but no adverse effects if you don't
    Flush out your tank with fresh water is all you need to do.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

12. Thanks Morgan Stuart Gregory thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KeepEmRollin14 View Post
    I would say the benefits would be eliminating areas that could potentially start leaking like the egr cooler and gaining a good bit of room.

You are right- I did some more reading and in the thread "EGR delete/turned off" Ray from DRD any Clayton say the same thing. If your going to be hanging onto the truck for a while (relative term) then remove the parts and block em off. If you need to return to stock soon for emissions testing or resale then run it as is.

Ray did mention the leaking can happen but not very likely under reg driving conditions

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    You are right- I did some more reading and in the thread "EGR delete/turned off" Ray from DRD any Clayton say the same thing. If your going to be hanging onto the truck for a while (relative term) then remove the parts and block em off. If you need to return to stock soon for emissions testing or resale then run it as is.

Ray did mention the leaking can happen but not very likely under reg driving conditions
    Then you think unplugging it would prevent the leaking of it does occur

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast