Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM3 and DRD tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1

MM3 and DRD tuning

Ok guys, I have been driving a cummins since 2001. Bought two new Doge Ram 3500 trucks that year for my business and drove them until 2018 and still have one of them. This year I decided to upgrade but I did not want to spend $85,000 for a brand new ride so I kept looking unit I found what I wanted. Well, I found a 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Longhorn addition with 76,000 miles totally stock and it looks brand new inside and out. The original purchaser took excellent care of this vehicle.

This brings me to the reason for this post.

After reading and reading and reading and reading...……………………….about Delete kits, tuners ect. I kept coming up with two selections. #1. PPEI and #2. DRD tunning (that was in no particular order).

For my purchase I finally selected DRD tuning (Gut feeling) . I purchased the full delete kit, Flo Pro stainless exhaust, MM3 tuning of which I chose the lite tuning package.

I purchased this kit a day or two prior "Hurricane Florence" slamming the Carolinas. The next morning, I realized that DRD was located in the direct path of the hurricane...……………………..I thought to myself, oh my, I may not receive this package for weeks. Well, to DRD credit, I had all parts at my door within 4 business days. I do not know if DRD has drop shippers, or He ships them himself nor do I care...……………..what I do know, he got it done in spite of the devastation that was coming his way.

I have had some free time this week and was able to perform the install. I think I sent 3 questions to DRD during my two day install period. He/They sent me a response to my questions within 1 hour. Amazing customer service.

I say all of this because I am very particular in how I perform/deliver my product in my business and I was very impressed with DRD performance and how he handles his company. His tunes are performing flawlessly as of today.

P.s If I did not like his product or his service, I would gladly and feel it necessary to share with other consumers my experience if it turned out negative...……………...thankfully it did not !

Thanks DRD, I really do appreciate your product and service.

GODSDOZER
    Derrell Thomas

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 and DRD tuning

Believe me when i say i agree with you on this! I chose the wrong company first.... switched to DRD ..... the service and tuning is so much better

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing your experience! There's no doubt about it, Ray and DRD are class act!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Glad to read this post. I ordered a truck that should be here in a couple months and am already looking at deleting it! I've read nothing but great things about DRD and plan to go that route. Maybe even before my truck actually gets here...

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

We agree as well! Ray is our number one asked about tuner. We proudly support him and all of his products. If you get a chance check out his you tube videos. Very informative!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I let a friend of mine drive my DRD tuned pickup the other day, he has RaceMe Jr? box tunes on his, he couldn't wipe the smile off his face...

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    I let a friend of mine drive my DRD tuned pickup the other day, he has RaceMe Jr? box tunes on his, he couldn't wipe the smile off his face...
    It really is a big difference.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GODSDOZER View Post
    Ok guys, I have been driving a cummins since 2001. Bought two new Doge Ram 3500 trucks that year for my business and drove them until 2018 and still have one of them. This year I decided to upgrade but I did not want to spend $85,000 for a brand new ride so I kept looking unit I found what I wanted. Well, I found a 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Longhorn addition with 76,000 miles totally stock and it looks brand new inside and out. The original purchaser took excellent care of this vehicle.

This brings me to the reason for this post.

After reading and reading and reading and reading...……………………….about Delete kits, tuners ect. I kept coming up with two selections. #1. PPEI and #2. DRD tunning (that was in no particular order).

For my purchase I finally selected DRD tuning (Gut feeling) . I purchased the full delete kit, Flo Pro stainless exhaust, MM3 tuning of which I chose the lite tuning package.

I purchased this kit a day or two prior "Hurricane Florence" slamming the Carolinas. The next morning, I realized that DRD was located in the direct path of the hurricane...……………………..I thought to myself, oh my, I may not receive this package for weeks. Well, to DRD credit, I had all parts at my door within 4 business days. I do not know if DRD has drop shippers, or He ships them himself nor do I care...……………..what I do know, he got it done in spite of the devastation that was coming his way.

I have had some free time this week and was able to perform the install. I think I sent 3 questions to DRD during my two day install period. He/They sent me a response to my questions within 1 hour. Amazing customer service.

I say all of this because I am very particular in how I perform/deliver my product in my business and I was very impressed with DRD performance and how he handles his company. His tunes are performing flawlessly as of today.

P.s If I did not like his product or his service, I would gladly and feel it necessary to share with other consumers my experience if it turned out negative...……………...thankfully it did not !

Thanks DRD, I really do appreciate your product and service.

GODSDOZER
    Derrell Thomas
    Congrats bud and great choice going with DRD tuning and service best around

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 907steve View Post
    Believe me when i say i agree with you on this! I chose the wrong company first.... switched to DRD ..... the service and tuning is so much better
    May I ask who did you have first and why didnt you like them? I'm currently looking at tunes and drd is one of them along with anarchy and hpp

13. Likes RamHunter18, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I started with Anarchy on the MM3, only because of other Cummins forums raved about them but what I realize was that they didn't know what they were doing on the MM3.

My truck had horrible shifting issues and I contacted them many times. You should be able to find a thread on how bad it was on the other Cummins forum but, switched to DRD and my truck felt like a monster.

I'm sure Anarchy does good work with EFI Live or whatever they are using.

Ray only does Cummins and the MM3, the other guys don't have such a focus on one company like Ray.

You won't be sorry.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast