Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Getting a code of P2459 DPF issue/thinking of deleting whole system

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Getting a code of P2459 DPF issue/thinking of deleting whole system

Hey everyone! I am a new member and need some help...

My truck 2016 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummings (45,000 miles) has been going into Regin every 20-50 miles. Now I got a check engine light with code P2459. The Regin process only goes down to 70% and then says complete. I do have a S&B cold air intake, aFe hot side inner cooler pipe, and a STEALTH module on the truck. Thinking about deleting everything and have been looking into DRD tuner with full delete of the truck.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Getting a code of P2459 DPF issue/thinking of deleting whole system

Quote Originally Posted by Gratefuldenglish View Post

My truck 2016 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummings (45,000 miles) has been going into Regin every 20-50 miles. Now I got a check engine light with code P2459. The Regin process only goes down to 70% and then says complete. I do have a S&B cold air intake, aFe hot side inner cooler pipe, and a STEALTH module on the truck. Thinking about deleting everything and have been looking into DRD tuner with full delete of the truck.

Welcome

Sounds like one of your differential sensors is out of whack. Maybe just needs to be cleaned. For the mean time.

Your plan is a good one

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I do know there is a tsb from Chrysler for a software update for a slue of codes. My 16 threw a p0420 (i know it's not the same code) also had reduced power and a good bit of engine noise about 6 months ago. And software update was the fix. If you ain't quite ready to delete yet, I can look tomarrow morning and see if your code is listed in the service bulletin?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Likes Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I believe the bulletin # is 18-072-15 if you want to do a search and see if it is listed. I would be willing to bet it is cuz if my memory serves me correctly it had a whole lot of emissions related codes listed

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

6. Likes Power247 liked this post