Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  24

Thread: S&B Cold Air Intake Installed..

1. Top Of Page | #1

S&B Cold Air Intake Installed..

Just installed the S&B CIA on my '18 Cummins. Hey! There weren't kidding, there is a turbo in there! You can actually hear it.

Exhaust brake got a little louder too.

Towing the 5th wheel tomorrow to do some camping for the weekend, excited to see how it does.

2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7 Cummins, DRW

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: S&B Cold Air Intake Installed..

Quote Originally Posted by CraigH78 View Post
    Just installed the S&B CIA on my '18 Cummins. Hey! There weren't kidding, there is a turbo in there! You can actually hear it.

Towing the 5th wheel tomorrow to do some camping for the weekend, excited to see how it does.

I see they changed the design. Gee I wonder if I had anything to do with that? I raised hell with them about problems with the old design. They got curt with me and i blasted them. They apparently don't have an engineer on staff. So there was nobody at my level I could talk too. My two issues were it was sucking water (Salty water) in on one of the seams. I was able to fix that with some RTV, But I tested the unit for vacuum in the chamber and found it running at -8" water column internally. I probably raised that when I created a seal on their seam. That means at 2000 RPM, the filter was in a vacuum. And they were being dopes about it with me. I wonder if they actually checked it out themselves?

Anyway, that looks good. Congrats

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CraigH78 View Post

Looks good man!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I see they changed the design. Gee I wonder if I had anything to do with that? I raised hell with them about problems with the old design. They got curt with me and i blasted them. They apparently don't have an engineer on staff. So there was nobody at my level I could talk too. My two issues were it was sucking water (Salty water) in on one of the seams. I was able to fix that with some RTV, But I tested the unit for vacuum in the chamber and found it running at -8" water column internally. I probably raised that when I created a seal on their seam. That means at 2000 RPM, the filter was in a vacuum. And they were being dopes about it with me. I wonder if they actually checked it out themselves?

Anyway, that looks good. Congrats
    Serious question trying to learn.
    It makes sense to me it would be in a vacuum state being an engine is an air pump and its sucking in all the air it can get o that end to pump. Is my thinking incorrect?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

What part number was yours? I want to make sure I order the updated design and don't get the old design laying around from some store's shelf

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I must be deaf.. can't hear my turbo at all

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yes it is a turbo powered vacuum.. From the looks of it it looks like a down grade from the factory setup to me. It`s not even that nice looking. But whatever makes you happy I suppose

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I personally like the look of the s&b. And it’s better than an open filter, IMHO.

Sent from my la-z-boy

12. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post