Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Upfitter Aux Switches

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Upfitter Aux Switches

I will be adding an air tank and some horns to my truck here soon. I have read a bunch on the "Upfitter" kit which has the 5 bank aux switches below where I have my exhaust brake, traction control, tow/haul, and light load.

I went with part 68137106AD which has all these plus the rear park senor switch (I don't have them but couldn't find the setup that omits that)

Wiring is generic 68209998AC (has a bunch of wires including PTO)- for my set up I just need the "Fat Blade Pig Tail" as these are what connect into truck

Here is where input would be helpful - My understanding is for my 2013 Tradesman I will transfer the trailer brake onto the new switch panel and plug harness in behind the bezel. At this point I should be able to view the switches from my EVIC and change them from momentary to constant along with a couple other options.

For wiring the compressor/horns - I will run the power wire from the harness/blade connector in the engine bay to the compressor/horn and then just ground off on the frame nearby for a complete circuit.

Seems too good and easy to me so fingers crossed since this would be very clean! I have read some guys needing to add sales code "LHLP" for switches to show on EVIC. I called and spoke to my local dealer (I have mixed feelings on) and they said it will likely not need to be flashed. If it does then its $135 (hour labor)

If you have done this with success or know more about I am all ears as I start to get things wired

Video below is a quick overview

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Upfitter Aux Switches

I dunno what you have and don't quite understand what you got. Not important, you have a handle on that part.

I would not rely on those switches being able to handle the current those pumps draw. I would run the pump off a relay. Just let the switch handle the relay. your circuit is the same as you described, but not to the pump, to the relay. Then run a relay from the battery to the pump. Get one of those weather resistant relays or seal one with RTV.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have the switches and my compressor is turned on and off by one and the horn solenoid by another - works just fine

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

for now. . The compressor is a heavy load. eventually the switch will fail

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Thanks Badger2078 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Well I ended up bagging the idea after ordering the switches and harness- I do not have the extra fuse box on the drivers side firewall with the plug for the switches. I would have to buy this unit and them add the sales code for sure which will be way more into them than I am willing to spend - switches and harness were $100 - fuse box would be $60 and then a reflash for $130 to make them all communicate with the EVIC.

Plan B is pull the trim piece below the headlight switch and add AUX switches there.

Polaraco - I will have my switch for the compressor run to the relay - I still have it wired up from when I pulled them off my last truck. Compressor/tank will be in my tool box. Horns are TBD - I am thinking I can get them squeezed under the front bumper

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have the option on my truck, and it came with the harness. I will be using it for my compressor and such

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post