Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which hitch? Fixed 5th Wheel for Long Bed

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Which hitch? Fixed 5th Wheel for Long Bed

OP, I love my B&W Patriot 18k slider. So solid, zero chuck/slop, quiet and smooth.

Just FYI for the thread, Since I have a 2017 regular bed I thought it was a must to have the hitch that slides back, but turns out I don't need it- I can turn perpendicular to my fifth wheel and still has good cab clearance. But since each trailer is shaped differently and most hitches can be adjusted forward/backward 4 or 5 inches, no way to now until you're hooked up and test it- I did, and I can turn past "L" shaped if I need to. Only thing I don't like is the base is 168 lbs, not easy to take in/out of the truck! Fiver is a Hideout 35' 308BHDS, 10,600lbs with our gear, approx 1860lbs hitch weight.
    Good luck! I'd recommend the B&W Patriot 18k (non-slider) if you have universal rails, the B&W Companion if you have the Mopar mount (underbed/gooseneck style).

2. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Not to steal the thread, but I had Curt E16 in my f250 and it worked great on my Open Range Roamer. I since got rid of the f250 and replaced it with a 3500 drw. Upgrading to a b&w companion rated @ 25k, plus I have the Mopar prep.

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I went with the Anderson ultimate and couldn't be happier. Its extremely convenient not having to climb over the fender or into the bed to hitch or unhitch. Plus it weights next to nothing when I'm throwing it in and out of the bed.

6. Likes watersupply189, sorgeb2010, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I absolutely love my Anderson Ultimate. Weighs around 35-40 lbs. 5min install and removal. Love the ride also. No jerking bouncing, solid mounting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12