Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 3rd Gen front seat swap

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

3rd Gen front seat swap

Hey guys. I'm a newbie 04 owner. Looking to swap out my front seats (manual). I know some newer seats will work and want to put leather and power in it.
    Any links or info about this swap?
    I looked for a thread and couldn't find one.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 3rd Gen front seat swap

Me again

There's a debate between me and @F350Cummins whether the upper seat assembly is the same between electric and manual. I say they are the same. We need a hollander

What shape are you seats like?

FYI, @Geno's Garage has new improved rubber cushions for them. They're sponsors on the Forum

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Me again

There's a debate between me and @F350Cummins whether the upper seat assembly is the same between electric and manual. I say they are the same. We need a hollander

What shape are you seats like?

FYI, @Geno's Garage has new improved rubber cushions for them. They're sponsors on the Forum
    I upgraded my 03 from manual cloth to power leather. Found a nice set in the junkyard and bartered.
    The seats were plug, and play. I actually changed them at @Polaraco house

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scotchirish View Post
    Hey guys. I'm a newbie 04 owner. Looking to swap out my front seats (manual). I know some newer seats will work and want to put leather and power in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I upgraded my 03 from manual cloth to power leather. Found a nice set in the junkyard and bartered.
    The seats were plug, and play. I actually changed them at @Polaraco house
    Don't tell me, tell him. LOL

We were talking about just swapping the bases

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes Dwelsh liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Good to hear. I found some leather power seats from an 08 for $250. I'm sure I can pull a hot wire from somewhere if need be.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Good to hear. I found some leather power seats from an 08 for $250. I'm sure I can pull a hot wire from somewhere if need be.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    There may be one in there already.

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

There may be one in there already.
    my 03 had the hot wire in the plug for power seat already there. I also pulled from 03 and put in 03. 08 might have a different pinout... I seem to recall if it is heated seat it has a different plug.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    my 03 had the hot wire in the plug for power seat already there. I also pulled from 03 and put in 03. 08 might have a different pinout... I seem to recall if it is heated seat it has a different plug.
    He sounds like he has the ability to make it work like me. But I would leave the heated alone anyway. If I want to heat my butt, I'll drive Momma's car. LOL He's need the proper relays and controls otherwise he could start the seats on fire. I've seen it. The alternative is after market seat heaters. Been considering putting one in for Momma.

Speaking of, whatcha doing Saturday?

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

He sounds like he has the ability to make it work like me. But I would leave the heated alone anyway. If I want to heat my butt, I'll drive Momma's car. LOL He's need the proper relays and controls otherwise he could start the seats on fire. I've seen it. The alternative is after market seat heaters. Been considering putting one in for Momma.

Speaking of, whatcha doing Saturday?
    I will call you after work, likely getting a diesel van.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

12. Thanks scotchirish thanked for this post