Quote Originally Posted by NOVAK View Post
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4989de04f8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7bfddbb62c.jpg

I got it all installed. Initially I thought I had a power issue as if I arched the power wire and popped the fuse but I had power to the new harness and my soldier and shrink wrap wa son point......forgot to plug in the interface
The interface I chose was from Axxess. It’s super simple and maintains all factory chimes and alarms! The kit comes with two harness’s one is gonna be for you Laramie OR SLT with GPS. You just pick the harness that mates with your factory plug and disregard the small 4 pin.
I did keep the other harness and wiring diagram although I can never use it on my truck we all have friends that may need it and I’m keep the diagram because I’ve learned one important thing after a week of using the iPad.....I need steering wheel controls ASAP. I’m digging in on that. I know the harness and parts I need just need to find the time! All in all I’m happy with the finished product and it’s original and I’m proud to say my first taste of interior molding turned out good enough for others around me to asked for help on their own which I take as a compliment. Even though I cut 4 snaps out of the dash with the weight of iPad mount and the iPad itself the bezel sits in there tighter than it did factory. The guy that owned this truck never took anything apart and you can tell because everything is nice and tight! The deck is just a Kenwood with satellite radio front and rear USB ports and Bluetooth calling. I installed the mic on the top left pillar and it’s transfers sound nicely and if you get a call during your iPad usage it automatically pauses all functions and puts the call out for you to answer. My windows are painted so I don’t get much day time glare and the iPad is on half dim so it doesn’t blind me at night!

So if your a guy with a Laramie looking to do this you are one step ahead if you have an SLT do some digging on steering wheel control conversions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks really good man!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....