Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Truck getting reflashed at dealer and tuner question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Truck getting reflashed at dealer and tuner question

My truck is going in to the dealer for emissions recall they say they have to change the cat and install new ammonia sensor and flash the ecm. I live in ca and this is a mandatory recall by withholding current tags. I had race me ultra tunes with full delete. It’s put back to stock now and about to go to the dealer.
    My question is I’d like to change tunes to double Rs tunes, so is there any problem with truck getting flashed at dealer then re-deleting truck and putting ray at double R tunes on? Also is there any issue with a dealer flashing a truck returned to stock in regards to re-deleting with same tune?
    i know the best person to contact is ray at double R but as most know he’s out of South Carolina and his hands are full with Florence (hurricane) so I thought I’d get some insight first since I have little bit of time and allow him some time to deal with personal matters.
    Thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Truck getting reflashed at dealer and tuner question

Crazy I live in Socal and wasn't going to go through all that BS, so I found a place that "fixed" that emissions recall and gave me that stupid orange paper for the tags...but to answer your question(s), No, i don't see a problem whatsoever with Ray's tunes...its just deleting and retuning the truck all over again...second question yes, the best thing to do when dealer wants to flash is to return truck to "stock software"...after said work is completed, turn the corner to the nearest parking lot, and retune the truck... LOL

2014 Ram 3500 CCLB DRW | RaceMe Ultra | Warp Tuning by Double R Diesel

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DD10 View Post
    My truck is going in to the dealer for emissions recall they say they have to change the cat and install new ammonia sensor and flash the ecm. I live in ca and this is a mandatory recall by withholding current tags. I had race me ultra tunes with full delete. It’s put back to stock now and about to go to the dealer.
    My question is I’d like to change tunes to double Rs tunes, so is there any problem with truck getting flashed at dealer then re-deleting truck and putting ray at double R tunes on? Also is there any issue with a dealer flashing a truck returned to stock in regards to re-deleting with same tune?
    i know the best person to contact is ray at double R but as most know he’s out of South Carolina and his hands are full with Florence (hurricane) so I thought I’d get some insight first since I have little bit of time and allow him some time to deal with personal matters.
    Thanks
    Read above post...sorry forgot to quote you... LOL

2014 Ram 3500 CCLB DRW | RaceMe Ultra | Warp Tuning by Double R Diesel

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

To answer your question, just go ahead and have it flashed. There's no side effects. It's just like changing tunes from your current supplier. Try to keep the flashed to a minimum. The dealers can see how many times it's been flashed. They blew a gasket when my 08 reached 320. LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That’s crazy I thought I tried everything called many dealers just to see if they fix/change parts off vehicle but all told me to illegal to risk for dealership even ask if I could just get papers for tags. Also found you can take care of some recalls on your own or by certified tech and get reimbursed or something, no go! So just swapped everything back to stock about to go to dealer. Other than you I feel like I’m the only one with this recall.

6. Likes SeveredCummins14 liked this post