Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  157
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Problems Have You All Had? - Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

What Problems Have You All Had? - Cummins

So I think it would be cool to hear about quirks or problems people have run into with their Cummins.

Possibly that way, when or if it happens to another one of us, we may know exactly what it is or where to look because we talked about it on this thread, LOL.

So for me, probably the weirdest thing that's happened to me is.

I had a basically waterfall oil leak in my old 07.5 6.7L truck that came out of nowhere.

It was coming from behind the ECM mounted on the block.

So I pulled off the ECM, and a metal plug was chilling there.

Apparently, a plug was blocking off a spot for an optional dipstick tube that just presses into the block like a freeze plug.

What kind of things have yall ran into?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Leaky rear seal is all I have run into in 126,000 miles on my '15.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Recall on my water pump and the G56 shifter was replaced due to a recall also.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl, SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    So I think it would be cool to hear about quirks or problems people have ran into with their cummins. And possibly that way when or if it happens to another one of us we may know exactly what it is or where to look because we talked about it on this thread LOL. So for me probably the weirdest thing that's happened to me is. I had a basically water fall oil leak in my old 07.5 6.7 truck that came out of no where. It was coming from behind the ecm mounted on the block. So I pulled off the ECM and a metal plug was just chilling there. Apparently it was a plug blocking off a spot for an optional dipstick tube that just presses into the block like a freeze plug. What kinda things have yall ran into?

Well, this is the first i have heard of this one LOL!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Aftermarket trackbar bushing let loose at 65 mph, death wobble almost put me into a ditch.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

7. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl, SyN liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Aftermarket trackbar bushing let loose at 65 mph, death wobble almost put me into a ditch.
    That’ll make ya pucker up LOL!

2012 RAM / 3500 CCLB / 68RFE / 20x10 Ultra Hunter -25mm offset wrapped in 295/55 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro from Custom Offsets / Emissions intact for now....

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

My first 2012 Cummins had an issue with the EGR cooler. And actually it was the first diesel I deleted. The EGR cooler was leaking coolant, but the truck had to be sitting just the correct way for it to happen. You know on its head with the proper tongue tilt . Turned out to be that an o-ring had a nick in it allowing coolant to bypass. Replaced under warranty and it just got worse. So it magically fell off one day going down the road.
    Same truck had the torque converter “lock-up” as the dealer put it and needed to be replaced. Driving down the road it would shake and shutter as if it was out of balance. Again it was one of those things that had it have just the right sequence of events to make it happen. Once the torque converter was replaced all issues disappeared.

2012 RAM / 3500 CCLB / 68RFE / 20x10 Ultra Hunter -25mm offset wrapped in 295/55 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro from Custom Offsets / Emissions intact for now....

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Well, this is the first i have heard of this one LOL!
    Hahah yeah man it threw me for a loop. Cuz I was like there ain't nothin back there that can be leaking LOL

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I like it fellas. See you really never get to hear about the things people have went through with their truck unless your helping them figure it out ya know? I dont think I wanna be in a 7000 pound pickup going 65 and it get death wobble LOL

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Mines been good to me so far. Just over 80k and no issues except a water pump at 55k.

I do think the trans is going to need work soon though. Every once in a while I can feel it shudder when I give it throttle when taking off from a stoplight where I don't have to come to a complete stop and the trans is in 3rd.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast