Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  157
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What Problems Have You All Had? - Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

What Problems Have You All Had? - Cummins

Currently keep having a red lighting bolt issue with check engine light. Found out it was my battery terminals. Simple fix.

Rear power sliding window didn’t work when I got the truck, cables were destroyed replaced entire unit.

Rear doors didn’t have any power going to them for the locks and windows. Resoldered the wiring harness back together and it fixed that issue.

Plastic trim around head liner won’t stay up, one corner keeps falling. Can’t seem to locate another one anywhere to replace it.

Short from that I’ve only owned the truck about 3-4 weeks now. Tomorrow will actually be our 1 month anniversary together.

Truck smoked so thick and heavy I’m sure I need to rebuild the engine with a lot of new parts to ensure complete shiny-ness inside and out. That should get rid of all the soot caked parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Dwelsh thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Dwelsh, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have had my truck about 2 yrs and the problems I have had is the Y pipe for the radiator cracked. Replaced with a stainless steel. Wire harness right next to front drive shaft rubbed through affecting curise control traction control 4weel drive ABS sensors and something with the DEF system. Almost went into limp mode. Took me about 3-4 months to figure what the F was goin on..

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sycoink View Post
    I have had my truck about 2 yrs and the problems I have had is the Y pipe for the radiator cracked. Replaced with a stainless steel. Wire harness right next to front drive shaft rubbed through affecting curise control traction control 4weel drive ABS sensors and something with the DEF system. Almost went into limp mode. Took me about 3-4 months to figure what the F was goin on..

That's right! I forgot, I replaced the Y-Pipe for the radiators also. Lately, my cruise control has been acting up too.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #44
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    That's right! I forgot, I replaced the Y-Pipe for the radiators also. Lately, my cruise control has been acting up too.
    Start looking at your wire harness just to rule it out.

8. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sycoink View Post
    Start looking at your wire harness just to rule it out.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.
    My cruise is acting up also. It needs a switch. I can hit the on switch just right and itl work. But there is also a tsb fir the wiring harness in the column somewhere if I'm not mistaken. Like the other fella said

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

12. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    My cruise is acting up also. It needs a switch. I can hit the on switch just right and itl work. But there is also a tsb fir the wiring harness in the column somewhere if I'm not mistaken. Like the other fella said
    Thanks, hopefully it's just a switch. I bet that could be a tricky procedure though, with the airbag at the ready, right in front of my face. I have a recall notice (T25) around here somewhere for the airbag/seatbelt also.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Thanks, hopefully it's just a switch. I bet that could be a tricky procedure though, with the airbag at the ready, right in front of my face. I have a recall notice (T25) around here somewhere for the airbag/seatbelt also.
    LOL as long as you've got the batteries unhooked your good. We used to have to set air bags off at work before we could dispose of them. Someone put a 50 gallon trash can on top, and that sum gun woulda liked to throw the trash can on the roof of the building when it went off. I hope I never have one go off in my face

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

16. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    LOL as long as you've got the batteries unhooked your good. We used to have to set air bags off at work before we could dispose of them. Someone put a 50 gallon trash can on top, and that sum gun woulda liked to throw the trash can on the roof of the building when it went off. I hope I never have one go off in my face
    Ha, ha, that's crazy. I've seen a couple videos where folks have sat on them, threw them sky high!

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Ha, ha, that's crazy. I've seen a couple videos where folks have sat on them, threw them sky high!
    Lord help em. Ain't no way ide do that. They sound like a gun when they go off LOL. Like a 22mag.

20. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast