Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ram throws code P0191

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ram throws code P0191

Hello, new to site and being a Cummings owner so please be kind.. I recently purchased a 2010 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab.. It has 82,000 miles.. truck is in mint condition, Never had a fifth wheel, just standard hitch. So far I have done the following
    5'' lift
    35 tires
    Fuel wheels
    all fluids
    new alternator
    new batteries
    hoses,belts
    tensioner
    track bar
    control arms
    amp running boards
    bed cover
    Kenwood gps stero
    Cat duel fuel filter system 3 micron
    Bullydog tuner

Truck looks and runs amazing, could not be happier.. But !!! It keeps throwing the P0191 fuel rail code. I have replace the relief with a plug, Installed new press sending unit, and fuel pressure regulator.. truck runs perfect , but occasionally when you roll up to a stop sign , ding throws the code.. The code had no effect on performance and only triggers and idle.. Been to Vegas and back twice in it.. 18-20 MPG no code.. come back home , pull up to stop light and ding code.. Very annoying, not sure where to go next.. I seen where people say it needs re-flashed ?? Any one have a fix ? Hopefully replace injectors is not the response.. Thanks

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Ram throws code P0191

Quote Originally Posted by RBH View Post
    Hello, new to site and being a Cummings owner so please be kind.. I recently purchased a 2010 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab.. It has 82,000 miles.. truck is in mint condition, Never had a fifth wheel, just standard hitch. So far I have done the following
    5'' lift
    35 tires
    Fuel wheels
    all fluids
    new alternator
    new batteries
    hoses,belts
    tensioner
    track bar
    control arms
    amp running boards
    bed cover
    Kenwood gps stero
    Bullydog tuner

Truck looks and runs amazing, could not be happier.. But !!! It keeps throwing the P0191 fuel rail code. I have replace the relief with a plug, Installed new press sending unit, and fuel pressure regulator.. truck runs perfect , but occasionally when you roll up to a stop sign , ding throws the code.. The code had no effect on performance and only triggers and idle.. Been to Vegas and back twice in it.. 18-20 MPG no code.. come back home , pull up to stop light and ding code.. Very annoying, not sure where to go next.. I seen where people say it needs re-flashed ?? Any one have a fix ? Hopefully replace injectors is not the response.. Thanks
    Welcome

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome @RBH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

5'' lift
    35 tires
    Fuel wheels
    all fluids
    new alternator
    new batteries
    hoses,belts
    tensioner
    track bar
    control arms
    amp running boards
    bed cover
    Kenwood gps stero
    Bullydog tuner

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...-jamahl-walker

Welcome

That's the easiest way to explain the problem is to send you to that link. It's spot on to what I would tell you. But you may want to put the truck back to stock and see what happens first. I'm a firm believer in eliminating the possibles before you start throwing money at it.

2010's are very close to 07.5 to 09

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The truck had the issue prior to adding programmer.. Im looking at the fuel pump next ? Fleece performance pump , kinda expensive but specs are awesome.. I'm struggling with this one.

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The truck had the issue prior to adding programmer.. Im looking at the fuel pump next ? Fleece performance pump , kinda expensive but specs are awesome.. I'm struggling with this one.
    Did it have the issue before the cat fuel filter kit? Or do you notice any loss of power?Also I would try to find a scan tool and check and see what the frp is actually reading. Maybe a bad fuel pressure sensor intermittently sticking and causing the pcm to think the pressure is low when it's not. Always start cheap.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

14. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Welcome!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

5'' lift
    35 tires
    Fuel wheels
    all fluids
    new alternator
    new batteries
    hoses,belts
    tensioner
    track bar
    control arms
    amp running boards
    bed cover
    Kenwood gps stero
    Bullydog tuner

Hey sir. I decided to check online on a source we have at work on your issue. Here's the top hits for that code. Hope this helps.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The truck had the issue prior to adding the Cat filter kit.. Part of the reason I added trying to Clean up the fuel system better, I also have been running Diesel Kleen regularly. I have already replaced the sensor, and installed rail plug , and pressure regulator.. I dont believe its electrical.. The symptom is constantly the same, truck runs fine,, it will only trigger when idling for sustained periods basically like at a stop light. It never occurs when driving , and its hunting season I have been on some very rough roads and if it was electrical I would see the problem , lots of bumps twists and turns.. But when you pull up to a longer than normal stop light ''ding'' . Its gotta be fuel pressure ?? I would think even if it needed reflashed it would trigger more randomly. Not just waiting for light to change.. Guess the real solution would be to blow through all stop lights ? LOL..

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast