Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: 5 inch muffler recomondations

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

5 inch muffler recomondations

Hey guys, starting to get cold in nh, and I usually leave my exhaust brake on as it seams to warm the truck faster. The problem is, with it now being a 5 inch turbo back, that whistle is way to high pitch and loud for my neighborhood. Any recommendations? Thanks!

2015 Ram 3500 Laramie, 30hpMM3 by Double R Diesel, 5 inch turbo back axle dump, Longbed G56 leved on 35's, N-fab side steps

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 5 inch muffler recomondations

Quote Originally Posted by kaubut8 View Post
    Hey guys, starting to get cold in nh, and I usually leave my exhaust brake on as it seams to warm the truck faster. The problem is, with it now being a 5 inch turbo back, that whistle is way to high pitch and loud for my neighborhood. Any recommendations? Thanks!

2015 Ram 3500 Laramie, 30hpMM3 by Double R Diesel, 5 inch turbo back axle dump, Longbed G56 leved on 35's, N-fab side steps
    You could always add a muffler to reduce the sound.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks kaubut8 thanked for this post
    Likes kaubut8 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Add a muffler or just leave the exhaust brake off sadly. use high idle instead of exhaust brake if your truck has it.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks kaubut8 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, kaubut8 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I’ve heard a lot of folks using the flo-pro twister muffler with great success. Quiets the truck down, but you still keep the rumble you wanted with that 5”.

2012 RAM / 3500 CCLB / 68RFE / 20x10 Ultra Hunter -25mm offset wrapped in 295/55 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro from Custom Offsets / Emissions intact for now....

8. Thanks kaubut8 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, kaubut8 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

You don't have a drone noise when you are the highway with an axle dump setup?

Sent from my Note-9 yo

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaubut8 View Post

I added a short resonator to mine. No drone, and reasonably quiet unless you really stomp on it.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Just installed the Jamo 5" with a muffler that you can get from DRD.

I love the sound and the vband is beefy!!

The sound is great and is quiet for the 5" setup.

Sent from my Note-9 yo

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post