Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tone change after egr delete

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tone change after egr delete

Ok I’ve had truck deleted almost 3 years 50k miles so I know there was a change in the sound of my truck after I finally did the egr removal. Has anyone else experienced this? It was disabled but I never removed it. When in the shop I also had headstuds installed BD performance transmissions, BD torque converter, billet flex plate. I noticed the sound difference on way home from picking it up. only tune I changed in the raceme ultra was turning off the trans tune as the BD comes with its own device to increase line pressure to 250. So just asking if anyone has had this sound or tone change with making any of these changes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2015 ram 2500 Laramie amp steps line x the box 18" outlaw wheels bfg rigid terrain tires raceme ultra sinister egr delete flopro pipe

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tone change after egr delete

I'm running a MM3 and Flo Pro from DRD, have been for a little over a year. I also purchased the EGR kit at the same time, just haven't installed it yet. I have a procrastination problem that I'm still working out!

Regarding the sound, did it get louder or more quiet. Just wondering, I've read some posts that report a more quiet truck.

2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab CTD Granite Crystal Metallic Clearcoat / Extang Revolution Tonneau / B&H Companion 5th wheel hitch / B&H Tow & Stow / Luverne Rubber mud flaps / UWS Under tonneau tool box
    SOLD: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD Mineral Gray / 2inch HBS Level / HBS Steering Box Brace / 5100 shocks / Carli Track Bar
    Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 295/70/17 / Husky mud flaps / Husky floor mats

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Louder for me it deeper tone then before not bad sound I like it but it may be louder. But I’ve only had it back 24 hours from all the work that was done still getting use to things

2015 ram 2500 Laramie amp steps line x the box 18" outlaw wheels bfg rigid terrain tires raceme ultra sinister egr delete flopro pipe

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. Keep us informed on how it performs. I'm especially interested in the BD products you installed and how they perform.

2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab CTD Granite Crystal Metallic Clearcoat / Extang Revolution Tonneau / B&H Companion 5th wheel hitch / B&H Tow & Stow / Luverne Rubber mud flaps / UWS Under tonneau tool box
    SOLD: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD Mineral Gray / 2inch HBS Level / HBS Steering Box Brace / 5100 shocks / Carli Track Bar
    Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 295/70/17 / Husky mud flaps / Husky floor mats

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I sure will it was a big chunk of money to do but wanted to do it right the first time. I’m crossing my fingers it was a great choice for me I want to keep this truck a very long time

9. Likes watersupply189, ICT LPX, walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I originally did just the tuner and exhaust, and put off the egr delete for a week or so. I certainly noticed a different tone and it was a bit louder. My only thought would be that the exhaust has nowhere to go but out, and not circulate around in the cooler.

11. Likes watersupply189, Yamahamod liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

A better trans could make the truck sound a little louder driving. It should be putting more load on the engine. In park obviously trans couldn't effect it

13. Likes watersupply189, Yamahamod liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I just deleted my egr and throttle valve. It's definitely louder and had a deeper tone. My neighbor didn't know that I deleted it. The next time he came over he asked me if I changed anything cause it seems louder.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

15. Likes watersupply189, Yamahamod liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I did my egr/cooler delete about a week ago. Afee almost four years of it just being unplugged. Yes it seems to that mine got a deeper tone to it.

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I did my egr/cooler delete about a week ago. After almost four years of it just being unplugged. Yes it seems to me that mine got a deeper tone to it.

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast