Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Owner's Manual versus actual

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Owner's Manual versus actual

Okay, I posted a question about DEF usage a few weeks back. Partly my question was instigated by the owner's manual that I downloaded from the Ram Owners website. The downloaded manual for my 3500 C&C model says that the capacity of the DEF tank was 9 gallons. However when I started to fill it, it took only about 2.5 gallons of DEF to move the needle from half filled to fully filled. That seems to make the capacity similar to tank that is installed on the pickup models.
    So, my question really revolves on how much I can trust the manual for capacities and whether I got a true C&C model. I believe that Double D has indicated that there are some C&C's that are not true C&C's. Is there a list that I could compare my trucks VIN against and see what it really is?

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Owner's Manual versus actual

There was a section on the Ram owners web site where you can enter the VIN and it will give you the complete details of the truck. There's also a spot where you can request the complete build sheet for your truck that gives you all the info that would have been on your window sticker, except for any dealer installed options.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks, I will try that.

6. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I did go there and didn't find the answer about the size of the DEF tank. I also found that the towing limit wasn't the same as what was in the sales brochure.

I do thank you for your help.

8. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Can you see the stock sticker on the DEF tank ? (I still find stickers or painted on number all over my truck)
    If you can get the number, the parts department can look it up and give you some info.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

9. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks, I will try to do that.

11. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post