Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: DEF

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

DEF

Well I got the famous DEF see dealer for service message today. Supposed to take trip to NY tomorrow. Had a CEL with the code of P207F. DEF is near full, put new in about a month ago. Decided to clear code and drive on highway for about 30 miles. Message has since gone away and CEL hasn’t returned. I have no count down of XXX amount of miles. What do you guys think? It’s a 2014 Cummins with 69,000 miles.

Just an update to this issue. I have since driven about 100 miles and have had no codes or that DEF message appear on my dash. DEF system being a little picky I take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: DEF

I'm far from knowledgeable of the DEF system. But if the code clears and the truck preforms as it should, I'd not worry about it. Could also have been telling you the level is low and needs filling. I'm with the understanding that it checks itself and if your not in proper running perimeters, level, pump rate and cat performance .. it tells on itself. So if it not coding anymore, go for the trip and enjoy.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Anyone else have any advice, I know I need to delete. I’ll have to start a gofundme account to do that. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I just rebuilt the DEF system on the 4cyl version. same as the 13 and newer 6.7. as per cummins tech, there are 5 levels of Regen 1-3 will auto Regen 4 will try to auto Regen, but.. if it fails must then be retried from a scanner. at level 5, the system must be done through the cummins software. Like I said, this info is coming from a cummins tech on the industrial side of cummins applications. as for my personal experience with the 6.7, nothing yet.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have a Stock 2013 and also live in north dakota, i get to see the extream colds, i have been told to never top off the def tank, it can some times mess with the level sensor, I also have the CTS insight that tells me when its Regening and can make it Regen on next start up. it also lets you know the temp and injector line PSi for the def system. they are a little spendy to just watch the system. i like having it. also can watch all the EGTs through out the system. its nice to have it just to know how they system is running

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I just had the P207f code pop up on my EVIC.

I added DEF 3 weeks ago, no problem until now?

I grabbed a scanner and tried to delete the code, shows as PERMANENT.

Am I to assume this can only be removed by the dealer?

I'm at 121k trouble fee miles, I know it's time to delete.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post